Mothering Forum banner

Were your twins/multiples a result of Clomid?

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 80.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to how many there are here.. only Clomid (hCG trigger okay, but no other treatments during cycle that resulted in twins, please). Feel free to reply and say how much (50mg, 100mg, etc) you were using, what cycle days as well.

Just curious!

·
Registered
524 Posts
50mg two cycles. I have a lutetal phase defect which means I have a short cycle, but ovulate too late with not enough time for the fertilized egg to implant.

But I had to take crinone for about 8 weeks to make sure I wouldn't miscarry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I voted no, but I don't know for sure. I took clomid the previous cycle and did not get pg.. I think it was 100mg day 5-9. The cycle after with no medication I got pregnant with the twins... I've yet to find someone else this happened to!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Another luteal phase defect here.

I can't remember the dose (whatever it was, it was the lowest my doc prescribed - like 50 mg? maybe?). I took it for three days for one cycle and BINGO!

I later found out that both of my great-grandmothers on my maternal side were twins, which might have increased my chances. Apparently no one ever thought to mention this to me until after I had conceived twins.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
My twins are clomid babies. I took 50 mg, days 5-9 and got pregnant on the first cycle we tried. I knew I would have twins if I took clomid.

This time around, I did acupuncture instead, and am happily having just one baby

My reason for taking clomid was because I wasn't ovulating, but no other official diagnosis.

Lex

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Technically, I guess you could say my triplets are a result of Clomid, but I don't believe it. I was really shoddy at taking the pills the month I got pregnant because I was so depressed it was taking so long. I think I took 2 or 3 of the 5? Maybe? Plus, I ovulated like two days after the last pill instead of the normal 8 days.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My twins were conceived with clomid. I was having no problems ovulating, but had recurrent miscarriages, probably due to a luteal phase defect. I conceived the twins on my first cycle of 100mg...I honestly can't remember which days, 4-8, maybe? I wonder now if the RE had started me at 50mg, if I would have conceived only one. My ovulation that cycle was really intense. My RE (who works at a respected academic medical center and seems really together...) did not do an u/s to monitor of ovarian hyperstimulation, but I thinks that might have been going on. I've never had a painful ovulation before.

Like lexbeach, I just knew I would conceive twins if I took clomid...didn't tell dh that though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.