Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in South Jersey, and the next time I have a baby( which hopefully will be soon) I would like to go to a birthing center. With my dd I was in the hospital for 5 days (because dd had jaundice). I can't see leaving my dd alone over night and I would really like to go to a birthing center where I can have the baby, and then go home with in hours. Anyway, it is probably a long time off but I was just wondering if there were any of these types of Birthing Centers in NJ. I have looked all over the internet and I haven't been able to find them.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
There are no freestanding birth centers in NJ. Bryn Mawr and Wilmington are the closest. And there is always homebirth.

I've heard very mixed reviews on Bryn Mawr. I went there for about the first 3-4 months of my second pregnancy and was really unhappy. There is a long thread in this tribe about Bryn Mawr Birth Center, might be worth searching for. The few people I know who have used Wilmington have been happy, but I don't really know much about them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips I'm in South Jersey (of course). I will look into those birthing centers.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I am in SJ too (Gloucester County) and went to the Wilmington Birth Center to have DS. I LOVEDDD it there. If you are off 295 it is a simple ride. Nowhere in NJ I would eve nconsider. And their nurse comes to your home a few days after-for a follow up appt. no matter where you live!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How far was the birthing center from where you are in Gloucester County. I am in Atlantic County.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.