Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have a question for you.  What do you believe your government's connection/tie/benefit is from the vaccine industry?  Or do you feel they have one at all?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was talking about this with another mom in Canada.  I thought that maybe Canada's vax. scehdule would be less than ours here in the US because the gov't was paying for it.  I was surprised to find out that it is the same.  So if they are paying for it, does that mean there isn't the same belief that your gov't is getting $$ off the big Pharm. industry?  Or is it not about $$, but more about favors, votes, whatever?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just wondering how differences in government change motivations with people in power.</p>

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
<p>They are very much intertwined. Last year I wrote a letter to the health minister of canada with my concerns about the H1N1 vaccine. She wrote me back and told me they had a contract with a pharm company to make 60 million vaccines (thats about 2 flu shots per person) and that I should go get vaccinated. I then did my research and found out that the contract was made years ago during the avian flu threat and was going to expire the year of H1N1 outbreak.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, Health Canada is very much in big pharmas pocket.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts