Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i recently moved back to my hometown in the tri-cities area after three years in southern cali. i'm missing trader jo's and the local organic farm. i'm married and have a 19 month old son who still nurses like a fiend. i've recently gotten into traditional foods/cooking. i would love to find a group of friends to meet with and possible start a co-op.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, quester! where are you all from?
we are counting the days until the farmers markets start back up. bristol is supposed to have agreat one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is an old thread, but I though I would chime in. We just moved here from Illinois and previously from Eugene, OR. Missing Trader joe's too! DId you ever find/start a coop? We are just tartinf to find our way around. I hope to find some like-minded people here!

Jeannette

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to say keep looking! I know there are some natural minded folks in the greater tri-cities area. I have relatives in Abingdon and have spent quite a bit of time around Bristol and Abingdon - not so much Kingsport and Johnson City, but it's all a beautiful area. Did you know that Barbara Kingsolver now lives in SW Va? Her husband has a farm-to-table restaurant in Meadowview last I heard. I'm sure with the university in Johnson City that there are some crunchy granola types there, too. Boone, NC has quite a few as well.

best of luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI Winona,

We are new to Johnson City too and it has been hard to find like minded families.

I have a (almost) 5 year old, and a 19 month old. I have thought about starting a "crunchy" moms group in Johnson City to bring together families who raise their children in healthy ways. IF you are interested or if you want to meet at a park in town, let me know!

Jeannette

·
Registered
392 Posts
I will try to gather a list of crunchy mamas in the NE TN area. Some are clients that i have midwifed for (I am a licensed TN CNM) over the years. So, good to read & have the info of the LLL that meets the 2nd Sunday in the Tricities area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.