Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of friendly southern NH mommies, but nothing in the northern region (lakes/white mountain).. are you out there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi! I'm near Laconia (lakes region)! Where abouts do you live?
I'm glad someone posted this - I was just thinking about posting the same thing!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I live in Pike, really close to the VT border ( about 40 minutes to Lincoln, 40 minutes to Littleton, 30 minutes to Plymouth)
I would love to meet up sometime.

- Kerri

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Mamas! I live in Bethlehem which is about 10 min from Franconia notch and about 10 min from Littleton. I would love to meet up w/ you all. I feel like there should be more of us mamas up here in the woods. Where is everybody? My ds is 20 mnths, I would love to get together for some short hikes, go to the lake - whatever - anything!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm in Wentworth. It's about 25 min North-West from Plymouth. I also know of another MDC mama near me as well.
We both recently moved here, and have met up a couple times. I'd like to meet more of ya'll.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kathesan, I'm in Franklin too! Wow - I don't find too many other people near me! How exciting!

I would love to meet up with you ladies sometime! It would be so much fun!
Right now though, I'm 30 weeks pregnant and on partial bedrest, so I can't get out much. However, something later on would be great!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm in New Hampton (15 min. south of Plymouth) and would love to get together. I have a 15mo dd. I hear there's a good playground in Plymouth... Should we shoot for that some day soon while the weather's good?

(Hi Kerri! We REALLY should get together one of these days!)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm about to move back to the MWV in 2 months. Anybody else out there? Plymouth and Littleton aren't too far, but I don't really like driving over the Kank a lot during the winter.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi Ladies-
We are in Grafton,NH. I am looking to start up a local group for homeschoolers and future homeschoolers. My oldest two children are 9 (ds) and 8 (dd). If anyone has any ideas, let me know! The youngest three children are all boys: 5,3,1.
I've had a few people contact me already, but I'm especially on the lookout for the 8-10 year old group, that seems to be more sparse.
Love the babies-age 7 also!!
There is a very organized uppervalley homeschool group that meets on Wednesdays, I haven't been to any meetings yet. I am concerned about watching all the kids, especially if they are split into different groups by age, and are in different rooms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!

I'm in St Johnsbury Vt, about 20 minutes from Littleton. I'm new to the area, SAHM to a newborn (8/10/06) and just looking to see who's out there!
-Ruth

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by inifiniteTBR View Post
I see lots of friendly southern NH mommies, but nothing in the northern region (lakes/white mountain).. are you out there?
Hi there fellow mommy of the world how you doing? im trying to get some advice on putting my two children to bed at similar times but they are different ages and share the same room. my girl is 5 and ma boy is 6months, can anyone help me with my quest for peace in the eve?
:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relynn View Post
There is a very organized uppervalley homeschool group that meets on Wednesdays, I haven't been to any meetings yet. I am concerned about watching all the kids, especially if they are split into different groups by age, and are in different rooms.
So are you looking to start something less organized, less formal? We are about 45 minutes away from you (Franklin) but I'm used to commuting at least an hour away for the right people-matches.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes, something less organized. I'm looking for park days, museum days,etc. Just a time to play and meet. (open for suggestions!)
My last homebirth midwife lives in Franklin!
Almost everything we do requires a 30 minute drive one way!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relynn View Post
Yes, something less organized. I'm looking for park days, museum days,etc. Just a time to play and meet. (open for suggestions!)
My last homebirth midwife lives in Franklin!
Almost everything we do requires a 30 minute drive one way!
You mean to say there's a midwife here in Franklin? I traveled to Barrington (again- one hour away) for my last two homebirths (well, for the appointments I mean!). Too bad I'm done with pregnancy...but I'm done with Franklin too, for that matter.

ANYway... my kids are little (not the 8-10 group!) but we'd be up for park days, museum trips etc. In fact, I've been wanting to get up to Squam Lakes Natural Science Center sometime soon before it gets too cold. The best time to visit is afternoon because the animals are all more active as it gets closer to their feeding time. AND any field trips have left by then so it's nicely cleared out!

Do you have a day that is looking to be best for everyone at this stage? We are pretty booked these days but mondays are still free.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts