Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok, so I'm not REALLY in NoVA, I'm in SW VA, South of Roanoke (Ferrum, to be exact). Annnnd, I'm not completely Waldorf; I'm Enki. But! Enki is alot Waldorf with some Montessori in there. LOVE the philosophy, still sorting through the stuff. It seems to be more....contemporary, maybe than Waldorf? Major stress on immersion of learning in a multicultural setting, focused more on development of the child along the lines of Steiner, but maybe less of the spiritual? It's hard to explain, but I love it. Not totally close, but would love to connect!<br>
sally

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hate to even say yes, because what I do is very loosely based on Waldorf. I work 2 days a week, but the rest of the time I try to incorporate Waldorf as much as I can-fingerplays, gardening, art, chores, rhythm, are all super important, but I'm not following a strict curriculum. I do have the Christophorus book for 3-6 year olds. Also, I'm not truly in Northern Virginia-I'm in Culpeper though I work in Gainesville. I'd love to incorporate more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts