Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My DD was born Oct. 3, 2003. I wondering if there are any other October mommies out there. I hope I haven't missed a post if there is. I see a lot of other months but no Octobers. My DD is doing great. We BF, co-sleep, cloth diaper and defer/selectively vaccinate. Aiden is my first and she was born via c-section due to breech position and other complications. Unfortuantely she was in the NICU for a week but she is doing great now. I would love to hear from other October moms.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hi - pleased to meet you. My daughter was born October 18th, 2003. She was a homebirthed baby, born in the water. We also co-sleep, cloth diaper and selectively vaccinate, and breastfeed.

My daughter's name is Kiana. She has a big brother who is 5, and we live in Seattle.

Anyone else out there?

cmd
DD 8 months tomorrow
DS 5 1/2

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to meet you also. I am envious of your homebirth. We were planning one until my DD flipped breech at 31 weeks. My midwife was willing to deliver a breech baby but I had, what I now know is a motherly instinct that we need to be in the hospital for a c-section. My fears were unfortnately correct when my DD was delivered by planned c-section at 39 weeks with a very, very short and thin cord around her neck. She was stuck and I knew it because she quit moving much at all once she flipped and I just knew something was wrong. All the ultrasounds couldn't find it but we are so glad we went with our gut. She a host of complications because of it but now except for some hearing problems she is doing well.

Sorry I didn't mean to go off. Anyone else???

·
Registered
409 Posts
October here too, my first baby on the 1st of October

It's cool since I am on the 23rd of Oct, and hubby is the 31st Oct. Libra/Libra-Scorpio/Scorpio!

We breastfeed, non-vax, co-sleep, sling, and not quite ready to do solids. She's had quite the oral aversion until now, but she's getting better.

Her birth was in a family birthing center at a hospital, it was great and we went home about 8hrs post-birth. I chose to only be attended by midwives and it was excellent.
It was all so straightforward I am definitely having my next baby at home and in water. Damn first time nerves just got the better of me last time!

Anyway, I love love love being a mum to my precious little possum, she completes me in a way i could never have imagined. this tiny little person is like my best friend, yet she's a part of me, separate but whole... it all just blows me away really.
I cant wait to have more babies. Bring them on! hehe...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hello! Holden was born October 1. We cosleep, breastfeed, no-vax, no-circ, cloth diaper, etc. We've been slowly introducing solids, I'd say he's been working at them for about a month now. Some days he'll eat quite a bit, other days he just wants breastmilk. He's a master at the hip carry on my Maya Wrap, and is the nosiest baby I've ever seen. :LOL

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
HI Nice to meet you all! my son Kai was breech until about 30 wks when he turned by using the chiroptactic webster technique. from there on i kept with chiro.. He was a hospital but very quick 100% drug free birth..
He co sleeps -breastfeeds-cloth diapering -slinging babe ( we also only recently started EC for 2wks hes pooped on the toilet : )
he is crawling all over the place and like to hide... he eats solids sometimes and loves asparagus, hearts of palm, brown rice,,, actually pretty much whatever we give him.. he also is doing great with a old fashion sippe cup ( the kind that just pour out that dont have the valve control) he loves to YELL and he started saying BRR for our parrot and oogie for our dogs ! PROUD MAMA : ) however hes not big on saying DADA ( maybe on fathers day : ). he loves when his dada hold him and acts like a monkey holding its baby! What a great dada
He melts my heart when he gives me kisses

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
my first post! DS Mandela was born Oct. 25th in a hospital 14 hours away from me. DH, DD and I got there when he was 13.5 hours old (or something like that) and per the wishes of his life mother, I was given a room where he roomed in with me until release. She also gave him the gift of her breast milk

He is the uncirced, CD'd, organically fed love of my life

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.