Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all enjoying cosleeping very much, but wondering about alternatives. DH has a theory (based on some friends' experiences) that dd might not wake up so much if she wasn't sleeping right up against me where she has a constant reminder of my boobs. I'm willing to try an Arms Reach or something if it might help us get more sleep and be more comfortable. As it is now, dd wakes up 2-3 times a night, which I don't mind most nights as long as she sleeps peacefully between feedings.

Do any of your babies sleep better in their own space next to your bed? Who uses a cosleeper and what do you think about it? I noticed how much they go for on eBay, so it looks like they have a pretty high resale value if we try it and it doesn't work (or we can leave it at the babysitter's for naps or something) Who got a cosleeper and never used it?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
My DD was like that, even when she was very young. She needed space to fall asleep and stay asleep. She's just not a cuddly sleeper, and she slept way better once I realized that and gave her what she needed. I found a sidecar arrangement worked really well for us. She was still within reach, and close enough for us both to feel secure, but not so close that we were disturbing each other's sleep. I just sidecarred our crib.; I never bothered with a cosleeping attachment since I already had the crib.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
We used an arms reach up until about six months when it became unsafe due to dd's crawling. Now she sleeps in a crib in our room. She has slept sooo much better in her own space. Check out the "mamas of uncuddly/active babies" in the Finding Your Tribe forum. There are lots of mamas with babies like ours here. Remember that being attached means responding to your baby's INDIVIDUAL needs. If your baby needs her own space, you are showing the utmost respect for her by providing her with her own sleeping space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts