Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't taken my daily inhaler since shortly before I got my BFP. I'm not sure what I should or should not be taking.

As an aside, my asthma has been almost nonexistant since I became pregnant.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I developed the symptoms when I quit smoking at the beginning of my previous pregnancy, mine's mostly triggered by allergens like dust and pollen. It has been pretty quiet so far, and I do try to avoid the inhaler as much as possible anyway since I'm nursing, but if I need it I'll use it.

"They" say it's safe to use, of course the insert (speaking of albuterol here) says differently...

-P

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have had asthma since I was 2.
My OB told me that about a third of women with asthma will get better during pregnancy, a third will stay the same and third will have worsening symptoms.

In my last pregnancy I used albuterol many times. I was told it is safe b/c it acts almost exclusively on the lung tissue and does not get into the larger blood flow for the most part.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
During my last pregnancy, my asthma was wonderful. It's typically managed, but I still rarely have flare ups. For the past two weeks, though, it's been AWFUL. Even with all the regular meds.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
My asthma generally is much better during pregnancy (even during nursing). However, last month I got a yucky cold - so of course it went into my lungs and my asthma was awful. Comparing my inhaler use or a mommy who can't breathe and dies .....my inhlaer is the lesser of the two evils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.