Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Have you checked out http://www.bfar.org ?

Are you taking Domperidone? You can learn more about it at bfar. I started it two weeks ago (and my son is 17 mo!) and I see a good increase.

I bf ds1 5.5 years after my reduction surgery and in the end provided 2/3 of his needs. With ds2 I provide 4/5 of his needs, so with each child you DO produce more. The milk ducts recanalize (regrow).

Don't go crazy--stress can reduce your supply. As aggravating as the formula is, if your child needs it, they need it. Soon you'll probably start to introduce solids and that will help--just be careful not to replace breastmilk, but rather the formula.

Domperidone might really, really help you. Also learn what to avoid--I once gorged on licorice and found my supply WAY down the next day. ??? Same with sage.

Best of luck!

Mel

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
You cannot buy Domperidone in the US right now--even WITH a dr prescription. The FDA just--within the past month or so--halted the sale of it. Not because it's bad, but because so many people were using it as a galactogogue (milk producer) although it's not approved for that use. Then again, Pitocin isn't approved for induction. However, Domperidone *is* safe.

You can order it here:

http://www.globaldrug.tv/search.asp?...ds=domperidone

from a New Zealand company in Vanuatu (a tiny island nation). Shipping is another $10. For $80 you get 600 tablets--about a 75 day supply, with is 2.5 months, which might be all you need. Many women find they have a permanent supply increase even after ending Domperidone use. But some still have to continue.

Also, eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning. It makes a big difference!

Which schools? Dh went to Hampshire.

Take care,

Mel

edited to add: I used a PIS as well, but I picked up an Avent Isis for times when I can't carry the huge pump. That Isis gets more out of me, sometimes, than the PIS! I'm not sure why, but it does--it might be worth trying one. New they're around $25 (I got mine second-hand for $5--waaaaaaaay cheaper than my $310 PIS!!!!!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.