Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any "fluffy" (aka, overweight...) mama's expecting? I'm a fluffy mama myself and I'm just interested in knowing if any other fluffy mama's are doing anything special as far as diet, exercise, ect... to stay as healthy as possible? Does your midwife/OB mention or have any issues with your weight pre-pregnancy? Any concerns you have?? Share your stats if you are comfy!! Share a pic!! We should have a fluffy mama tribe

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm Amber - a fluffy mama!
With my DD I started out at 225, and ended at 260. I lost down to 203 during my 1st and 2nd trimesters and shot up very quickly in the 3rd due to massive swelling from pre-e. I started this pregnancy at 245 (gained from 220 during my PP period due to extreme PPD which caused me to pack on the lbs). I haven't gained or lost yet and am 6 weeks.

Here's my 5wk starter belly for reference! 1st pic is with my daughter, 2nd pic is this pregnancy. I feel that I carry my weight well.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y.../amber1461.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y...alskndgihw.jpg

And at 37wks with my daughter!

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y.../amber1422.jpg

I haven't seen my midwife yet (new one, we are moving in February) and I'm anxious to know what she'll say about my weight. I'm limiting carbs and almost no sugar, and trying to get tons of protein and fruits/veggies. Exercise is a bust right now though.....

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You are so welcome!! Sometimes fluffy mama's get looked down on during pregnancy - I even had a "friend" tell me I was endangering my unborn child's life by being "obese" and asked me how could I do such a thing, told me I was stupid and careless, ect... Broke my heart
I didn't have any sugar issues with my DD, and no BP issues during my entire pregnancy. HOWEVER. At 38 weeks I developed pre-e VERY quickly - within a matter of hours, was induced, and ultimately delivered VIA emergency c/s. VERY traumatic and my family blamed my weight
My OB told me over and over than TONS of skinny mama's deal with pre-e and it isn't just weight related, but my family insisted it was. I've dealt with tons of criticism from my family about having another baby and still being overweight. I know in my heart though, that I can be a good, healthy, FLUFFY mama and that's all that matters.

And yes, stating your weight certainly feels like AA

Hi, my name is Amber. I am 245lbs and 6 weeks pregnant. I am a fluffy mama.

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'm trying sooo hard to eat healthy, but nothing will stay down other than carbs..... With my daughter I was able to eat SO good and actually did loose weight, but I'm eating chips, potato, rice, ect... and I feel horrible about it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.