Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,360 Posts
My CNMs haven't said anything to me about weight or diet... I've been gaining about a pound a week so far, and started out at 218 (I'm 5'5.) I eat well but don't restrict myself from anything and go to prenatal yoga classes twice a week. FWIW, my blood pressure is still slightly on the low side, and the fasting glucose b/w they did on me last month was perfect.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella08 View Post

You are so welcome!! Sometimes fluffy mama's get looked down on during pregnancy - I even had a "friend" tell me I was endangering my unborn child's life by being "obese" and asked me how could I do such a thing, told me I was stupid and careless, ect... Broke my heart
I didn't have any sugar issues with my DD, and no BP issues during my entire pregnancy. HOWEVER. At 38 weeks I developed pre-e VERY quickly - within a matter of hours, was induced, and ultimately delivered VIA emergency c/s. VERY traumatic and my family blamed my weight
My OB told me over and over than TONS of skinny mama's deal with pre-e and it isn't just weight related, but my family insisted it was. I've dealt with tons of criticism from my family about having another baby and still being overweight. I know in my heart though, that I can be a good, healthy, FLUFFY mama and that's all that matters.
I hate how everything automatically gets blamed on us being overweight!!! DH and I went through fertility treatments to get pg with this kiddo- which was coincidentally how I packed on the weight... between the meds and some serious depression while going through it all the weight came on super fast. People automatically assumed that we were having TTC troubles because of my weight... even though it was my marathon running sports-nut "average weight" DH who has severe sperm issues. People are just rediculous when it comes to weight issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.