Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Soooo Technically I am morbidly obese... not just fluffy.
I actually talked to my Dr. about dealing with my eating habits, and he brushed me off and told me "we will deal with that after this baby."

Not that while I was gaining weight (PPD I am pretty sure) he said anything.

I am 5'8" and 300lbs. WHEW.... I kind of feel like I just introduced myself at an AA meeting.

I don't have any health problems, no GD, and my blood pressure has always been low-normal.

I have managed to keep my weight gain pretty low from just eating better food and less sugar. Not so much with exercising - chasing my 20 month old and being wicked tired.

I heart you for starting this thread.

· Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jade* View Post
Wow that is horrible! I hope you're not friends anymore!!!

I belong here too, but to be honest I've been more worried about where I will find plus-size nursing bras and maternity clothes.

Motherhood Maternity actually has some nice plus sized maternity everything online. But it has to be online. In stores sucks.

· Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella08 View Post

I know in my heart though, that I can be a good, healthy, FLUFFY mama and that's all that matters.
I think we should all remember that.

Wow it sounds like your family is opinionated. I hope too that your friend isn't around anymore. There are so many things with parenting that are hard that getting extra criticism isn't necessary.

Oh, and my EDD is Feb 8th.

· Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by curvyred View Post
I haven't taken any belly pics yet either, but at 16 weeks, I'm still not really showing.

I'm another fluffy mama. I had actually lost from 320 lbs down to 234 when I found out I'm pregnant. Since then I've managed to maintain my weight--the scales bounced up a few pounds the last week, but that's mostly from Christmas eating I think.

I just switched from my doc to a midwifery practice and haven't met with them yet. Not sure what the midwives will say, but my doc was cool with me maintaining my weight as long as I wasn't actively dieting. I'm hoping to gain between 10 and 15 pounds.

I actually have a lapband, but it's unfilled right now so I can pretty much eat normal amounts. I'm used to eating less AND I seem to have lost my sweet tooth, so eating well has been fairly effortless so far. Now that the first trimester food aversions seem to be fading, we'll see how the next few months go!
So you lost the weight before you got pregnant? How do you turn off the lapband? That is interesting.

So far in my pregnancy (34 weeks.) I lost 15 lbs and gained about 10 back so far.

I lost 15 because of first trimester woes and less sugar in my diet.

I am hoping this time to have my PPD in check so that I don't gain more, as well as all the other reasons to take care of depression.

· Registered
273 Posts
lol. I feel more substantially fluffy most days. So I am pretty choked, my weight doesn't slow me down, but I am having issues with sciatica... pretty much sucks to stand or walk at all.
Really prevents packing or cooking the freezer meals I had planned on.

· Registered
273 Posts
I think so far as weight loss and pregnancy are concerned, I would second that you shouldn't TRY to lose weight. You should exercise and eat right for you and your baby. If you are getting enough nutrients and calories and still manage to lose weight, bonus. If you maintain, still a bonus, because you can think of that as weight you don't have to lose later.
Ultimately, you are trying to be healthier and like pp pointed out, that can result in weight loss.

· Registered
273 Posts
I was told today that I looked "HUGE!" Following a comment that I had popped.... But all I can think about is, is she just talking about my belly...
This was at church fwiw. BUT, baby boy was wiggling the whole time so I just concentrated on playing tag with him.

· Registered
273 Posts
BUMPZ-A-DO!

How is everyone doing!?

I am in week 39 and feeling totally BLAH. My poor husband is as they say getting whip lash from my mood swings.
My daughter is being saved by some of my good friends who come over to hang out and interact with her while I unpack from our move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.