Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,202 Posts
my hcp's haven't said anything about it. In fact, my midwife was concerned because I wasn't eating due to nausea. I'm not doing any exercising at all right now, because I feel so wretched, but I plan on getting of my butt and going for walks and doing yoga soon. I just try to eat healthy, but I don't limit anything. I probably should, though.

· Registered
2,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jade* View Post
Wow that is horrible! I hope you're not friends anymore!!!

I belong here too, but to be honest I've been more worried about where I will find plus-size nursing bras and maternity clothes.
baby consignment stores! I found pants and shirts AND a nursing dress that will fit me until at least 6 months, and then of course afterwards. Bras, however, I'm desperate for, but I have an issue paying $$$ for bras I can't try on (online).

· Registered
2,202 Posts
oh, and my AA intro: My name is Kate, I'm 5'8", and I'm about to pass the 200 lb mark.

· Registered
2,202 Posts
as far as I know, amanpea, it really isn't a good idea to lose weight during pregnancy, especially not on purpose.

I lost 13 lbs by 8 weeks due to horrific nausea, and that was enough for my doctor to put me on zofran.

However, during my pregnancy with my daughter, I started off not being a healthy eater, but started eating healthy as soon as I got pregnant. By 5 months, I had only gained 2 lbs, due to the healthy lifestyle changes I had made (basically, all my weight went from arms, butt, and thighs, to belly/baby/uterus. The doctor was unconcerned at that, because I was eating sufficiently to nourish baby and myself (unlike this time around).

· Registered
2,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
that used to be the thinking, but not so much anymore..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0605185550.htm

I think the big concern is to eat HEALTHY and exercise during pregnancy.. and for some people just eating healthy and exercising is going to result in weight loss- pregnant or not.. I mean there are TONS of people that live off of peanut m&ms, soda, and doritos (my mother used to
) that if they gave that up and ate a more balanced diet would help their babies and may result in weight loss..
I guess what I meant, with the example of two of my pregnancies, is that a weight loss diet is not good during pregnancy. For some, like me in my first pregnancy, changing to a healthy pregnancy diet (NOT a weight loss diet) could result in weight loss or maintenance. But honestly, the pregnancies that are going to lose weight on a sufficient, healthy pregnancy diet started off a lot heavier than 180#.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.