Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the only one who's an extremely irritable pregnant person?
: My personality warps when those hormones start rising and I act like I've got permanent PMS! It began before AF was even late when I got mad and threw dh's dinner in the sink (plate and all).
And it really hasn't gotten any better.

Dh and dss get the worst of my annoyance. I gripe about everything they don't do and then if they finally do something I gripe about the way they did it. Geesh. We've also got a puppy that bugs me to no end. I can't even stand myself. I get annoyed with dd more easily too, but I am able to be nicer, calmer, and a little more patient with her than I am with anyone, or anything, else.

Is there a cure for this other than birth? I think dh is right...this will be my last pregnancy.

Christa

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have been so irritable, too. But I am usually a basket case so maybe it is just me and not the pg!

Today I got so pissed at the mailman- he is really weird anyway- scared to death of our dogs, which are the sweetest golden retriever/labs you have ever seen in your life, and we have told him a million times that they are very friendly and no need to worry. I didn't think mailmen were allowed to be deathly afraid of dogs! I was having a beautiful morning, trying to garden, when ds had a fit and started screaming, then this guy stands a few houses away shouting 'hello!', so I try and put the dogs inside and of course I had to chase them all around to get them in. So now I'm in the back yard, and like 10 mins. later I didn't realize he was STILL waiting, the dogs had been inside for a while already, and he was like "I'll just put your mail on the steps" so I said "why would you do that?" "Well I don't want to open the door and have the dogs there!" So I went off saying how if he things he knows so much about dogs he should know they are the friendliest creatures ever, and so on....

REally stupid of me, now he will probably sabotage our mail!
:

I should put on the door, instead of Beware of Dogs, Beware, Deranged Pregant Woman Inside!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Me too. Evening Primrose Oil takes the edge off the mood swings, but I threw a (fairly expensive, discontinued pattern) plate at Steve's head the other night.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only plate thrower.
What is the dosage for evening primrose oil? I think my midwifes often recommend it, but I thought it was for encouraging labor to start? One of them was counting out pills into little baggies the other day and I assumed they were EPO, but I didn't ask her about it at the time.

They are so cool...I have to do the GD test (I think that's an appropriate abbreviation, even if it's an "obscenity" I never use) but I get to eat a certain number of jelly beans instead of drinking that nasty stuff. The only problem is going to be keeping my toddler out of my jelly beans...dh was bad enough last time, he kept asking for "just one."

Christa

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes, I'm insano-woman. I wasn't like this at all last time. Granted, I've got a lot more on my plate these days....a sick father, a sick cat, a sick toddler, annoying work stuff. But still, I feel like I've been in a bad mood from the moment I conceived!

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
No plate throwing going on here (yet) but I am definitely more of a grouch than ever. Dh works from 7:30 am and doesn't get back until 7:30 pm so I'm alone all day long with a 16 month old and a puppy and by the end of the day I'm touched out and pissed off. So if Dh "starts" anything negative with me it's the beginning of WW3. Motherwort tincture is pretty good for mood swings too, you just want the freshly prepared stuff. For some reason this pregnancy seems to both be dragging on slowly and yet at the same time just flying by.
Patience is not my forte right now and seems to be especially tested with a certain whiny cry from my little man. I just hope ds is young enough to not really remember me getting so frustrated with him when he does normal toddler stuff .... like exploring and yes, tasting, the contents of his stinky diapers, or running to the leather couches with a marker etc. It really is all okay with me (the toddler stuff he does) I just don't feel I want to put out all that energy in cleaning up, or straightening up, or whatever I have to do to make whatever he did better.

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i did some major plate throwing when i was pregnant with elwynn, but i was pretty messed up. ( i got pregnant the first time his dad and i slept together, and we'd only known eachother a few weeks.. and i moved away from my family and we were not getting a long at all)

this time around my life and living situtaion are amzizng. im so happy i dont feel at all angry or frustrated. sometimes i get tired, but hardly ever grouchy.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I've been grumpy all weekend. DS is just frustrating me and I hate that my 2 freaking days I get to spend with my family (I HATE working FT) are spent fighting with DS and DH (over DS). GRRRRR. I want to make the best of those two days, YKWIM?

I ordered some Rescue Remedy, because I heard its safe during pregnancy and I do think it helps me relax a bit when I am really on edge.

Side note, does anyone here watch Deadwood? When I take my dropper of Rescue Remedy and mix it with my glass of water, I feel like Alma Garrett in season 1, mixing up her laudanum (opium). It's the exact same look and sound (the glass tinkling) so I always tell DH that I am going to get some opium when I take it. Our little inside joke. Hope I remember not to say it in public!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
I am a major grouch. I can not stand myself.
I am so stressed out- and I get no relief!
My mom came for a week- and I thought I would get some rest.
much to my dismay- she tried to use the week to teach me how to be a better housekeeper-and mohter-
I would try to lay down- while she played with ds and she would make these bitchy comments- ugh.
Dh is only home on the weekends and I just do not know how I am going to make it
Emilie

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive very hormonally crazy during my pregnancy. I was the first time too, but I had more stress that time around so I thought it was just that....guess not
This time has been better even though I felt like I wanted to run away my first trimester (luckily that has gone away) This time I just have bad days not weeks. Im VERY bad during the week before & during my period too so it must just be my body type or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts