Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we are homeschooling our 3 kids and now my DH and I will be students as well. We are moving in 10 days and my DH will attending college full-time and I will be doing university studies to finish my first Bachelor's through distance education. When the kids are older I will probably do some of my classes at the university but for now I am just doing distance education. Any other parents students as well?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I'm on my last semester of my bachelor studies, and DD is in daycare. I will probably start grad school next fall through an online program, and we are going to homeschool.

·
Premium Member
11,209 Posts
I start grad school tomorrow! I'm so excited! Today was orientation, and I met another new grad student in my department who plans to unschool his child and has read all of John Holt's books (his wife is due in March), and I borrowed a neat-looking video on the Amish (Rain and I watched Rumspringa the other day and we're curious to know more - she spied the video and was thrilled) and everyone in the department just seems incredibly nice...

Dar

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

I'm working on it. I'm a single mom and college student. I've got two yrs left for my BA. I was grudgingly going to send DS to school till I finished (he would be starting K next month). But, I'm thinking that I could avoid that by either have him do part-time K (at the local Montessori charter school) or else keep him where he's at, which is a great preschool on-campus program. It would be possible for me to fit a full time college schedule into a part time K or pre-K schedule, so that might be what I end up doing. The less time he's exposed to "school" the better i say.

Then I could do an online program for my masters. I'm considering getting a Masters of Library Science degree right now. I figure if I worked in a small library, I'd be able to bring DS to work with me.

I'd prefer to keep him in the pre-K program because I'm starting to realize just how crazy it is for a 5 yr old to be in school all day with basically the same schedule as the 15 yr olds.
:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yep.

I'm a full time nursing student (BSN) and my husband also is a full time student. I work part time off and on/full time in the summer, and he works full time. My kids have always been homeschooled. I did most of my nursing student pre-reqs in the evening and some online so that was nice--that took me about 2.5 years and I was taking approx 14 credit hours a semester, making straight A's, and homeschooling--not bragging, just saying it can be done and done well! My mom helps us out, when I'm in school during the day I drop my kids off with her so I can go to class. It has worked out very nice for us

MY school is what keeps me sane!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I homeschool me too! I have certain goals that I want to meet, personally. I am working on advancing my sewing skills, women's studies, nutrition and natural medicine, anthropology, spirituality, and a few other things. I have a binder to keep me organized, and I search out resources and learn on my own, for myself. It is this example that I hope my children will follow with a desire to learn and do more and not expect others to just hand "learning" to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.