Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hesitant to post since I've been taking a bit of a break, nursing a 8-month-old plus morning sickness is burning more calories than I can manage to take in, without throwing the running in, too.<br><br>
With dd, after I was put on zofran for HG, I was able to start running again. I kept up 10-12 miles a week, last run was about 4 hours before she was born (no, I didn't know I was in labor at the time!)<br><br>
Anyways, I'm planning to start back up this week, and need a little motivation. Any other running mamas in the ddc?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Grr. I wish I could run like I used, but I'm 23 and already have chornic knee problems.<br><br>
So I don't run, but I do swim a lot, and do the cardio machines at the gym. Due to nausea and exhaustion, I've had to alter my normal routine a bit, but I still average, I think, 40 - 45 min. of serious cardio exercise 5 days/week. Though I'm now 7 weeks and nausea has <i>really</i> kicked in, so I might back off a bit this week...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do! I slacked a lot last week because I wasn't feeling fabulous, but I did 7 miles yesterday and was amazed by how much better it made me feel! I think the combination of fresh air, getting my heart rate up and not thinking about feeling crappy made a world of difference.<br><br>
Before I got pregnant I was training for a half marathon in June and have just revamped my schedule to keep the mileage up but cut out the speedwork.<br><br>
I think you should go for a test run and see how you feel. If nothing else, it's a tiny break that's all for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i run but have taken the last few weeks off due to insane nausea and exhaustion. i'm hoping in a few more weeks when 1st trimester ends i can start up again, slowly. i miss exercise so much! but i just can't right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts