Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I returned home Natalie's SAHD was changing her diaper for the umpteenth time today. She is the epitome of the Princess and the Pea, except one should really spell it Princess and the Pee. It's better with cloth diapers than it was with sposies but she really really dislikes having a diaper on with any urine in it whatsoever. Even if it the fleece feels dry to the touch, she definitely Lets Us Know if she has peed in there. Actually, it's easy to tell when she's going to pee . . . she wiggles.

Anyways, I come home last night and the DH who has never heard of EC informs me half-jokingly that he is going to wait until this child starts wiggling like she's going to pee and just hold her over the toilet. Enough of the diapers already.

This greatly amused me and just had to share.
:

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
great!

I don't know if he's a SAHD, but ShaggyDaddy ECs. You should totally email your dh a link to www.diaperfreebaby.com and get him to come round here.

Sounds like he's already done one of the first steps towards ECing: he's pinpointed a cue. The other first step is deciding that EC is possible--that's where you'll have to help him out with info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, he's too much of a GUY (no offense to the guys here that would do this) to read that kind of stuff. Never in a million years.
: BUT. If I went home and started doing it & he saw that it worked - watch out!
:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am a WOH Dad.

we had talked about EC and figured it was something that would be too much trouble for us (at least that is what I thought).

One day DW(Aja) said, "You know how you hold his butt over a prefold when you change him because he always poops again that way?"
me: "Yeah, I just don't like changing 2 diapers back to back"
Aja "That is EC ya know."

We had a good laugh about how what sounded like more work was what I was doing in order to avoid work. Then we started ECing over a potty/sink instead of a prefold.

Of course with our second DC we did EC from birth

I have never read anything about EC besides on this site.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShaggyDaddy, I am sooooooo going to go home and tell the hubby that there's this guy online that does just what you described & how/why. Diapers are for girls, real men EC?
:

(For the record, I am getting too much of a kick out of the cute cloth diapers to have any real interest in EC, although I'll admit that when she goes through her "pee every 10min" routine when waking up in the morning I may just try it!!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
dude, my DS was going through like 30 poopey diapers a day he would get a dot of poo on the diaper and it was clearly the end of the world untill you changed him. At that point I was willing to try anything to have any amount less poopey diapers.

The best part is that if you start EC early, by the time they are on solids and have "real poop" most of the time you don't have to deal with it because it is in the toilet... that alone should convince people... I am all for less poop in my life

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I hate cleaning poop off bottoms. Therefore I EC!

My DH also helps EC babygirl, but he isn't as in tune to her signals as I am, even though he tries really, really hard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a SAHM and dh works full time but he is EC'ing like a pro. He is the sort of guy that wouldn't read anything about EC either but he has watched me do it and that was enough. At first I was the one figuring it all out, the timing, cues, etc and he was dumping the potty for me. When he had dd he was always changing diapers. It only took about two weeks of that before he was trying. Now he loves it and thinks it is soooooooo much easier. It always suprises me when he says "she has to go" and I say "but she just went!?!" and sure enough she goes for him. He is very intuitive too. If you are so attatched to the cute diapers then just use them as undies rather than a toilet!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.