Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am a WOH Dad.

we had talked about EC and figured it was something that would be too much trouble for us (at least that is what I thought).

One day DW(Aja) said, "You know how you hold his butt over a prefold when you change him because he always poops again that way?"
me: "Yeah, I just don't like changing 2 diapers back to back"
Aja "That is EC ya know."

We had a good laugh about how what sounded like more work was what I was doing in order to avoid work. Then we started ECing over a potty/sink instead of a prefold.

Of course with our second DC we did EC from birth

I have never read anything about EC besides on this site.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
dude, my DS was going through like 30 poopey diapers a day he would get a dot of poo on the diaper and it was clearly the end of the world untill you changed him. At that point I was willing to try anything to have any amount less poopey diapers.

The best part is that if you start EC early, by the time they are on solids and have "real poop" most of the time you don't have to deal with it because it is in the toilet... that alone should convince people... I am all for less poop in my life

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.