Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here we are!

I'm a single mom (officially divorced next week) to two girls, ages 4 yrs and another age 10 months. We are over near Glendale/Pasadena.

I have found a few scattered AP-single moms here and there... it's nice to finally meet someone who has the same-type parenting and in a similar situation, I know I'm not alone!!

Whereabouts are you isleta?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are in South Orange County-little far south of ya
It is hard sometimes-I was a single mama while pregnant, so I don't have much knowledge on divorce. But, I do know the stress of raising kids alone! DS is my pride and joy! Glad to meet you!

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Hey Jish

The kew word here is single mother. In finding your tribe it's all married mommies. Not that married mommies are bad but they don't get the culture really.

This thread has come up in here a few times, a few people respond, then we never get together. On thign about single moms is we don't have a lot of time on our hands... free time that is...

Hi guys.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As a newly single mom I can attest to that. In jumping from married to single practically overnight, I wanted to be able to talk out issues I was going through or have gone through with people who have been there, as well as support those who are having a tough time in a situation I may be able to help them in.

I have been lucky enough to have met 3 single moms in the area recently. We are trying to start up a single-moms support group/playgroup type deal. A go-to-the-park-and-chat thing. I hope it works out, if anyone's interested please let me know! It'd probably be in the areas surrounding Pasadena more or less.

And like Oatmeal said, it's tough with no free time! We're trying to work around school/work/etc schedules right now. I'm glad this thread got started, Isleta. I hope we can at least do some talkin' on here if not in person, hehe

I've yet to post up my little "single intro" due to time constraints, I'll work on that soon as well...

Nice meetin' you all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.