Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to meet-up with other hs families in Stevens county.

We are beginning "formal" hs, and would like to have some interaction with other like-minded folks.

We are using the k12 program.

No flames, please, but we are not interested in any faith-based programs. Met with one family (their son is the same age as our son), but they are using a Christian-based format, and we didn't hit it off too well ((they want to bring a lot of prayer and religion into the discussions and pray before every meeting, and we do not)). We aren't meeting with them anymore (mutual consent).

So, anyone out there???

Leslie

·
Registered
464 Posts
Leslie, I can't help you with any direct contacts in Stevens Co. I think, though, expecially this side of the state, that there are any awful lot of Christian homeschoolers. Its seeming harder than I thought to find people who are homeschooling and want to participate in religion-free groups.
Have you checked the http://www.washhomeschool.org ? They have a bunch of groups all over the state listed. The other idea I have for you is to search yahoo groups and see if anyone is listed but not really advertising?
Good luck, Yalisha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.