Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for an online mentor. I am interested in becoming a teacher which I had not given attention to the last few years as a SAHM. At present I am in the process of applying to become a Substitute teacher again. I used to work as one a few years ago. I want to then continue on to become an alternate route teacher. I know the school requires you to have a mentor in the school where you get your in-class room training but I was wondering if any teachers would be willing to offer any guidance online if there is any website dedicated to it or any forums, I'd appreciate your help. I have a teacher's certificate but I need to finish the course in order to be able to become a teacher.

· Registered
11,576 Posts
I have a teacher's certificate but I need to finish the course in order to be able to become a teacher.
Hi. I'm a special education teacher. I don't understand where you are in the process. In my state, the certification is the very last step -- it happens after all course work/student teaching/etc. is completed.

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Through the alternate route you can get certified and that's what I did. But in order to become a full time teacher one needs to get one more certificate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.