Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do some research, but would love to talk to some people who are knowledgable about UC. EVen better if you have had one or are planning one. Ideally I would like a MW to be at the birth, but need to find one who is comfortable with me doing UP. I had a couple of minor issues last time, but feel confident that things will only be easier next time. I would be willing to meet once or twice with a mw, but all in all I find prenatals useless. Plus I am a vbac mama, so that is considered an issue by some.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

·
Registered
510 Posts
This might be a tall order in Seattle. There are only a few MW's who will even attend a VBAC here, so your best bet is to start by talking with them if you really want one in attendance. I agree that the prenatals are pretty useless for the most part, but if you want a MW with you at your birth, at least if you go to a few prenatals (more than one or two) you can develop a small relationship with her ahead of time. I'm not super educated about the different issues pertaining to a VBAC, but for liability sake I'm sure there are a few things that they (a MW) would want to rule in or out pertaining to your birth.

Try calling Suzanne Tompson and/or Charlotte Geddis. I have no idea if either of them would be down with a UP/HB VBAC, but I think they would be a good litmus test for the attitude pertaining to that scenario here in Seattle. They are both long practicing MW's known for being more "hands off" in their approach.

I have only seen one MDC mama here in Seattle who UC'd. That doesn't mean there aren't more - i'm sure there are - but this might not be the best place to try and connect. I am totally into the idea of UC - if you want to talk more about anything PM me and we can chat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.