Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had one on the cycle before this pregnancy was concieved. If I didn't chart, I'm not sure I would have noticed- I was just 5 weeks along when it happened. I think that happens more frequently than people realize.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have and did. I don't know that a history of m/c would mean you need typical medical-model prenatal care. I was more at peace without it. Nothing in medicine can stop a baby desitined to loss anyway.

Now with a late pregnancy loss (maybe due to hormones or cervix) I'd do what I could (medical and not) to stop that...but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've had 3 m/c and just had a UP/UC. Since no test or examination is going to make a pregnancy stick when it's not meant to or able to, I don't see any reason to have more tests. U/s etc doesn't keep us safe but it would keep me from being able to just go with what my body told me and that was losing a baby, so be it. My last two pregnancies felt very different in the early stages btw from the 3 m/c. I hope you find some peace with your decision

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had a m/c with my 3rd, at 12 weeks gestation. It was an unassisted MC, by the way. Then . . my 5th was my UP/UC, all went really well!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I mc before I had any full term pregnancies (I've had 3 UC).

I think MOST childbearing women experience this at some point and it really is just a normal part of our experiences (IMHO). So I don't think it's something that requires or benefits from medical interference.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I've had four unassisted miscarriages. Well, probably three as in one of them I went to the ER because I wasn't sure if I was having a miscarriage or not (didn't know I was pregnant, I had an IUD in) - however I did not receive any treatment once it was confirmed I was. I just went home.

I realize this puts me as "high risk" but frankly I don't care. I feel my miscarriages happened for reasons beyond my realm of knowledge and I need to accept that. For whatever reason, those babies couldn't stay - it doesn't automatically mean something is terribly wrong with me.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've had 3 mc. 2 medically assisted and 1 unassisted. My mc's have a pattern. After a birth, I get pregnant within the 1st year, I lose the baby. It's only after 9-10 months that a pregnancy sticks with me. It doesn't deter me from continuing to go UP/UC.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajahkat
I mc before I had any full term pregnancies (I've had 3 UC).

I think MOST childbearing women experience this at some point and it really is just a normal part of our experiences (IMHO). So I don't think it's something that requires or benefits from medical interference.
:

I have had at least one for sure at about 4 weeks and then another suspected that was also early. I don't consider it relevant for my UP because I have carried 3 babies to term.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts