Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 fuzzi bunz that are starting to leak. When you look at the PUL layer, there are mini tears in the waterproofing (you can see them when you stretch the fabric taut).

Have you ever had this happen? Are the diapers salvagable?

FWIW, I bought these diapers used about 3 years ago. I'm using them on my second child, so I've been using them steadily for about 3 years. I would say that they are 5-6 years old. They are the old style FB, but not the old, old style (I have two of those, too
). For a short time, I was diapering two with the FB, but mostly, they have been used on one child at a time, and I wash about every 2-3 days. They are in a rotation of 24 FB, plus a few prefolds and covers.

Thanks for any ideas you have!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
If you find a way to fix them, let us all know!!! You'd make a lot of friends here, I'm sure!

I don't think there is a way to save them...
but at least you got a lot of use out of them!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
What have I heard here about high heat (i.e., dryer temperature) sealing them?

I know that the Fuzzi Bunz website says not to dry at high temps, but if you've got nothing to lose, maybe you can try it?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Toss them in the dryer on High heat for 60 minutes. Should reseal the PUL.

Also, try rubbing a fabric softener sheet on just the PUL part. With old PUL covers, you can just toss them in the dryer together, but I wouldn't want to do that with the fleece part of the pocket. Repelling PUL is good, repelling fleece is not so good.

Ami

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've totally considered using pool patches on pul, because my dog chewed a hole in one of my favorite diapers. but I haven't bought the pool patches to try that out, so I can't actually recommend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.