Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I kinda figure there will be only like 5 of us interested in doing this exchange, but since it'll be such a small exchange, I may as well volunteer to do it. I may borrow my friend's address for it though cus I doubt DH will approve of me using ours, lol.

Anyhow, how it works is that everyone who is interested says so and I gather a list of all those participating. Then in another couple months after I have a decent list of names, I close the name list and tally up the number of people/beads. Then everyone goes out and buys or makes the number of beads required and sends them to me and includes a pre-stamped, self addressed envelope to mail them back in. Once I get them all, I sort them out and send them out to everyone. You all have plenty of time to decide if you want to participate or not, which is why i'm starting early... just to give all the less active members a chance to see this thread and participate. Lets say June 30th is the cut off for getting your name in.

P.s. If i'm not able to arrange the exchange myself for whatever reason, I may look to one of the other participants to accept the beads and sort them out.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am in! I can host the exchange/sorting portion if needed to as long as I don't have to coordinate the logistics.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I've never done one before! So basically you send the number of beads so each participant gets to keep one sent from other ddc ladies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
oh yes~~ !

·
Registered
203 Posts
While I'm a crafter for sure, I'm not a bead person. I've done quilt block swaps, mini quilt swaps, and quilted postcard swaps before and had a blast. If there is a sewing-type swap, definitely count me in.

I am excited to see pictures though!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
While I'm a crafter for sure, I'm not a bead person. I've done quilt block swaps, mini quilt swaps, and quilted postcard swaps before and had a blast. If there is a sewing-type swap, definitely count me in.

I am excited to see pictures though!
Just a thought, you don't have to make the beads. :) Just send in something that you like with good thoughts for all the mama's to be and then the mom will make a necklace (or maybe just a bracelet in our little group - lol) with it. I think it's far more about the good thoughts send to each other than the finished look of the item.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a good idea, pre-stringing the beads for everyone so there's less to do. Then if someone crafty still wanted to re-string them they could, and the less bead knowledgeable mamas would still get a necklace.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't wear mine from last time. It was supposed to be to wear during labor, but I forgot mine. This time I shall try to remember.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ok bear with me lol. I've never done this before but it sounds fun! I just want to make sure I understand. We all send the designated person however many beads (depending on how many ppl participate), then that person divvies out and mails each person their cluster of beads?

Sorry for the dumb question

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I like that!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I missed this the first time around, would love to participate!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I picked up some beads today. Do you want me to run the swap? I can set up a Google form for participants to entire their info and then send everyone my address.

I picked up enough beads to send 2 to each participant since 6 beads seems a little sparse for makin something. :)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I figure it will end up being a labor bracelet, lol. I can do the swap (my friend agreed I can use her address) or you can if you prefer @xixstar. I have no preference either way. Two beads each might be better since there's so few of us.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing we have no more takers and since we have so few participants we might as well go with @xixstar's idea and double it. 12 beads it is!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I will get the form and details set up next week (probably around Friday) so we can get this going. I'm used to running swaps from other forums, so this will be easy to manage. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts