Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone struggling not with incontinence, but with stuff like overactive bladder, endlessly feeling like going, random twinges and problems like that?
This is # 5 for me and except for my bladder being a pain, its been pretty good. Anyone else want to complain about this? I thought we got a break in the 2nd tri, I think I have retroverted uterus and that may make it worse...

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Oh yes. This is #3 and it's never been like this before for me. I have to go constantly, if I wait even a short time (because, come on, I really don't have time to pee every 5 minutes) then my bladder has all sorts of aches and pains. Peeing at night is horrid, I have to go around 3 times a night, and it always hurts because I didn't go more frequently because I was sleeping!
:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Peony! You made my day just knowing I'm not the only pregnant woman with a crazy bladder. I also never dealt with this before and when I try to talk to my drs (an OB & a urologist) about it, they say its either irritating foods or a UTI. I know its neither, I think its just my uterus pushing my bladder around.

I hope this gets better for us, not worse!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I guess i'm lucky it doesn't hurt but, hooo yes I have to pee all the time...

I like to tell people my baby is like me... I'm used to hug my pillow when i'm sleeping, well, I guess the baby does the same thing with his pillow, my bladder

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mine is not so constant, but I do often go potty and then find I immediately have the urge to go again.

The worst time is between 8 pm and 1 am. During those five hours I can go to the bathroom around 7 or 8 times.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I consider myself lucky when I only have to go two or three times a night. Usually it's more like 5. I got a brief reprieve the first two weeks of this trimester, but then it was like twice as bad. I definitely have days where I pee more (last friday I think I used the bathroom at DH's cousin's house about 20 times while we were there for the day), but regardless of the daytime, the night is always bad. What's up with that? I feel like my body has turned into an alchemic machine of some sort...I mean there's absolutely no correlation between how much I drink and how much I pee!
:

·
Registered
438 Posts
YES!!! I have to pee so much. I would love to only get up 2-3 times per night... I'm afraid I'm approaching more like 8-9 times per night. I can go to the bathroom and immediately feel like I have to pee again. DP keeps joking that our water bill is going to be sky high from my flushing so many times a day! And no UTI here, but I do have a retroverted uterus.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I'm such a smarta$$ that my first thought when I read your thread title was, "Well, my bladder did knock over a convenience store once, but that was when it was a juvenile and it didn't go on our permanent record or anything."

But to address your actual issue, you are certainly not the only one coping with a finicky bladder. I, also, am up several times a night and have the aching if I have waited too long in the estimation of my bladder to pee.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ladies! When I mentioned the pain & twinges to my OB he made it sound like he never has patients with bladder issues. I used to go to mw's but have since become high risk and need OB care. I've been trying to force myself to go every 2 hours, but its hard & at night... its bad. I wish there were some remedies to this!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mischievium, I laughed when I read about your bad bladder. I didn't know how to word it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well this is my first and I feel like I don't even know my own bladder anymore. I used to be able to go a whole 12 hour shift without peeing and now, for example, I pee before I get in the shower, 10 to 15 min later I get out and I have to pee again. Same thing at night. Getting up to go at least 2 or 3 times and several times before I get into bed ( like 3 times within and hour). Sometimes I wonder if it's the baby boxing with it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
its so weird, because i can go all night without having to get up to pee- but during the day im going every 15 min! ok maybe not quite that often, but often enough to be annoying. and if i sneeze, i pee myself. blah!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm going to join the sneeze-n-pee club....but NOT because I want too! LOL Driving me crazy.

I pee all day long. If I can't get in and have to wait my turn, it hurts, and I pray the whole time I don't sneeze. I pee before I leave work, drive 25 minutes home, and rush to the bathroom as soon as I get home. At night, I pee, brush my teeth, climb in bed, climb back out to pee again, then go back to bed until some thing wakes me up and pee again, 3-4 times some nights! ARG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.