Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I feel this way because I really loved being pregnant with both of my children. I had rather easy pregnancies with them, but this time has been difficult and painful and I'm just not loving it like I have in the past.
I feel really guilty about this since it's likely my last pregnancy and I wanted to savor every moment of it. Please, please tell me I'm not alone in this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i was really really joyful, hopeful, tranquil and excited the first time... that's for sure. but then i m/ced, and it was the worst time of my life...

i actually feel quite different with this pregnancy. think it's coz i'm worried that it's gonna happen again although i feel this baby is tougher and stronger... i wish i could feel as happy and as excited as the first time, oh i can't wait till i'm 12 weeks, then maybe i'll feel a little more settled and more secure about this
:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I feel very much the same way. I am almost embarassed by how icky and achy I feel and how much I am NOT enjoying this pregnancy. I have several friends with infertility issues so of course I feel like I can't talk about it. I too am not sure if this is my last pregnancy, (dh says yes, I say no) but I hope not because it isn't becoming very memorable in a good way KWIM???
I don't know what the main difference is this time (except running after a toddler is a big part of it I know) but maybe we are just getting older and my body isn't as "excited" this time either. It's going "you're kidding right? We're doing this AGAIN?"
Big hugs to you

·
Registered
155 Posts
My last pregnancy was a breeze. This time I have all day MS and don't feel the same. I wish this one was the same as the last, but I don't expect my kids to be the same, so why should the pregnancies be the same?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yep, me too! I'm feeling crazy!!!! Esp. that my Grandma passed on this week and I never got to tell her I was preg. again.......I feel like crap on top of it!

PS I sent your pkg

·
Registered
679 Posts
Goodness yes, me too. This one is definitely the last, I am SO DONE with pregnancy. I feel like I don't have a baby, I have a bloody tapeworm.
:

At least I know I will feel done, cause we are definitely done. Doesn't make the "are we sure this was the right decision?" feelings any more likely to go away though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I feel the same. My first two pregnancies were easy and I was very active and and pain free. This pregnancy has had many problems and hard things to endure. I'm not due until the end of Sept and it cannot be here soon enough.
Of course if it goes like with the first two I will go over again and have an October baby instead. I'm really hoping to go a week early though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I am much sicker and more exhausted this time around as well. It doesn't help that I'm chasing after a VERY active 2 year old. I joke that he's more like 3y/o twins than just a single 2y/o. Plus the heat is really bothering me. I don't know how I'm going to make it through August and September

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yes and no. I'm so much more exhausted and crabby (perhaps because I'm mothering an active toddler). I also have much more painful sciatica as well as Braxton Hicks. On the other hand, I know to enjoy the moments of pregnancy and savor them so I try to keep my mind there instead of on my pain.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I've not been as excited this pregnancy as last, but that it starting to grow.

My best friend had such awful morning sickness her second pregnancy, plus horrible heartburn, backache, etc... She was so miserable that she begged to be induced at 40w2d (thankfully the induction went well and she still had a natural vaginal birth like she'd been planning). Anyway, she felt much worse that 2nd pregnancy than the first, and it's the main thing that causes her and her DH to think they're probably going to stop at 2, when originally they'd wanted to be the stereotypical big Catholic family. She still kind of thinks about a #3, but is afraid to go through the pregnancy again, since she was SOOOO miserable this last time.

So I don't think you're at all alone! It's hard to enjoy pregnancy if you are sick, have severe pain, or have other complications.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just finished my second pregnancy and while the baby was worth it, I'm glad it's over!

Both of my pregnancies have been "easy" but it's just not that much fun when you have another child to care for at the same time.

Hope it gets better for you soon!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I can totally relate to this. I am fine this time, but my pregnancy with dd2 (now 6) was really tough. I was miserable much of the time and begged to be induced (I was, at 39 weeks). She weighed in at 8lbs 3 oz. I don't know if it was her weight or what. I had a desk/computer job the whole time so it wasn't that hard - and I was only 22 so I can't blame age. I did start out heavier, though I only gained 16 lbs... who knows, really. Fortunately my pregnancy with ds was fine and I feel okay this time, too (except tired with a toddler, of course). My dd was born with her arm over her head and it made for some tough pushing. Not sure if her weird position had anything to do with it..?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Me too.
I was so anxious for another baby and here baby is growing and I feel much more anxious than I ever did with my first.
I feel some guilt that this little one is somehow immersed in my environment of doubt and hesitance.
With my first, I remember feeling so calm and tranquil. My ex and I had been living together for almost 3 years so perhaps it felt a bit more secure because of that.
I also knew that I would have to return to work for financial reasons and I hadn't been a mama before to know I would miss a newborn terribly...so I wasn't plagued by thoughts of that.
With this one, my partner and I will just be settling into domestic life. I have my already-born to think about.
I would love to stay home with this one but the problem is that I am the more financially secure provider between me and the partner. He teaches a few part-time classes that comprise his income (not as much as mine) and he has no benefits. I do have benefits. He is sure he can come up a secure situation for us by January and I want to see proof of that. I think I may have to keep working at least part-time so I can keep our benefits rolling.
So I've got more on my mind this time.
And I'm not tranquil or calm by any stretch.
Maybe the reason I was so tranquil/calm the first time was due to ignorance

·
Registered
273 Posts
I felt this way with my twins. I was in so much pelvic pain constantly and had cholestasis which cause me to itch so badly I lay away at night scratching until I bled and broke down crying it was such torture between the two. I felt such guilt because we wanted them so bad, even took meds to get them and then I hated it so much. It was pain from months of painful injections before we conceived to morning sickness and everything else until 2 months after their birth when my breastfeeding pain finally subsided.

Now I'm 6 weeks pregnant again...on purpose and asking myself what have I gotten myself into. This should be just one baby and hopefully seem like a cake walk in comparison (even though my first two pregnancies were one baby and were NOT easy either).

What's that saying, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different outcome"? I must be insane.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts