Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still nursing my nearly 2 year old. Anybody else pregnant and nursing? Are you planning on keeping nursing after the baby is born? I'm conflicted because my current babe is nowhere near ready or interested in weaning, but man, it hurts! And I'm worried about having enough milk for two. I definitely had enough with my first, but I had barely enough for my second.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm still nursing our 11 months old Baby. She'll be 18 months when Baby no. 2 arrives. I'm planning on nursing both our kid's, though I heard of many children weaning themselves during pregnancy. I'll try to deal with it either way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am and it's killing me! It was actually what clued me into this pregnancy; suddenly overnight it was agonizing to nurse. I've been trying to gently cut down on the frequency and offering snacks, books, hugs instead. It's kind of working? My little guy (#3) is 2.5, so it's more of a rational experience than it would be with a younger kid. My older two are two years apart and I distinctly remember my oldest weaning just weeks before the birth of #2 on his own and it was perfect timing. I never produce lots of milk, so nursing more than one is not the best plan for me. I hope to keep up with the gradual pace and be done in a few months. Fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts