Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was priceless---this morning, I'm on my way out the door to work and DS yells "WAIT!" and comes running up to me...this is new....

So I stop, and he wants another hug and kiss....and then he says "Sophie?" which means he wants me to bare the tummy...so I do, and he kisses and hugs 'the baby' too!

He's also tried to feed her things--this has now progressed to breaking off a tiny bit of chip and trying to shove it into my bellybutton. And give her his binky via my bellybutton.

And the cutest--this weekend, he gave her a kiss and a hug and then he looked at me and said "Sophie stuck?"
I said "yeah, but she likes it in there..." (he's got a thing with the word 'stuck' or as he puts it 'tuck', lots of things are 'tuck' lately.) He had to tell Grandma and Grandpa and Daddy about "sophie stuck' too....

·
Registered
524 Posts
My 2 year old son repeatedly says, "Baby come out now?" "I want play with my brother." Apparently he's tired of his sister.
He also puts his eye up to my belly button to see if he can catch a glimpse of his brother.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my 2yo also tries to feed things to her sister through my belly button. i'm pretty sure she thinks the baby is going to come out through my belly button.
(i sure hope not!!) when DH talks to the baby through my belly, dd also tries to do the same, putting her mouth right up to my skin and sounding all muffled. so cute!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Precious story!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post
He's also tried to feed her things--this has now progressed to breaking off a tiny bit of chip and trying to shove it into my bellybutton. And give her his binky via my bellybutton.
Ds does this sort of thing a lot too. My belly button is the baby portal - he's fed the baby, talked to the baby, brushed the baby's teeth (THAT was interesting, my bellybutton's never been cleaner lol), shown the baby pictures or toys... you name it, he's probably done it
It's really amusing to me that he - and other kidlets - automatically use that as the way to the baby.

·
Registered
573 Posts
DD is always kissing my belly and talking to the baby, it's priceless, she also uses tmy belly button as the baby portal, she sometimes talks through it, it's cute.
She will say to her "Pretty girl" in portuguese, it's super cute or she will say "Baba,come out now, I wanna play!!" and for her, she answers by the kicking and when she not kicks she says "Baba doesn't want to answer" or "Baba,is tired"

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
My DD loves the baby too
She's always pushing my shirt up to hug the baby, kiss the baby, talk to the baby... She feeds me things so "the baby can have some" as we have talked about how the baby gets food I eat through a special tube callled the umbilical cord. I am always getting little tiny pieces of her food... The cutest though is when she is sad, she'll lift up my shirt, hug my belly and cry "I am SO sad baby brother! I am sad!"

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awwww.......so many cute stories!
I just told everybody at work today my ultrasound better be right, because Sophie would be kind of a silly name for a boy, and there's NO way I'd get DS convinced the baby's name is anything but Sophie now!
(I saw the pics, there were definite 'girl parts')

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
These stories are all so darn cute!

DD is doing the same things. She loves to lift my shirt and kiss my belly. I mentioned that when Zoe kicks it's her way of saying "Hi!" and "I love you." so now whenever DD feels the baby kick she leans down and shouts "Hi!" into my belly button, kisses the baby & makes the I love you sign

She's also really getting into talking with me about the baby. She's started walking up to me at random times during the day and saying (either seriously or happily depending on her mood) "Read to Zoe", "Sing to Zoe", "Change Zoe", "Dress Zoe", "Teach Zoe sign", "Hug Zoe", "Kiss Zoe". Not all at once, but those are the ones she usually says. She already seems to be taking her job as mama big helper pretty seriously!

Holly

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post
Not from you DDC, but I couldn't read this and not respond! I'm 38 weeks today, and my daughter from the minute we told her that I was pg, thinks that the only way to talk to the baby is thru my belly button.... I thought it was just me! Glad to see I'm not the only one having a toddler use the belly button as a portal to the baby... The other crazy thing is that when I ask my dd if she wants a brother or sister, she says fruit snacks... strange.... hopefully this baby won't be a fruit snack!
But my toddler is doing the same thing, has to hug and kiss the baby good morning, good night, if I leave the house with out her she has to say bye to the baby, doesn't care about saying by to ME!!!!! Heaven FORBID she forgets to say bye to the baby!!!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Sophie gets more kisses than I do too. This morning, this was cute, he tries hard but her name keeps coming out "Fo-fee" This AM, he sat with me saying "Sssssooooophie"
really working on getting that 'S'

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little skeptical of how long the love for the big tum (his "sister-kisster") lasts once baby is physical rather than virtual. But he's SO engaged with the baby and with petting my tum every day, and he is SO SURE it's a girl, it's tough not to just adore it and cross my fingers. My favorite is watching him work to himself on the word "umbilical" - he likes to be challenged by words, so we have these funny little conversations where he stumbles on umbilical, but wants to precisely talk about it.

Anyone else going to have their toddler present at the birth (if they want to be there)?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not having mine at the birth. I thought about it at one point, but I think at 2 years, 3 months he's not going to be ready to understand it. I can see him wanting to run around the hospital. He *will* be there shortly afterward of course.
If he were older, I'd consider it more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts