Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Susannah and my son is Ivan. He was born 6/10/05. Just wondering if anyone else is out there from my area.

Do you have a playgroup or mom's group? Ivan needs some more friends and so do I.

We go to LLL and have some neighbor friends, but we would like to meet you too.

Susannah

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Which Toms River LLL do you go to AM or PM?

I'm awful with names, but we've probably met if you go to the AM meetings

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I live in NC but the thread title caught my eye.
My best friend is from Ocean Gate NJ.
I actually visited there with her when we were 16 (16 years ago...oy...), nice place!

Anyway, just had to pop in and say hi, small world.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthasam
Which Toms River LLL do you go to AM or PM?

I'm awful with names, but we've probably met if you go to the AM meetings

Hi,

We now go to the am meetings. We started with the pm from August to April and we have been to the last three am meetings. The am is a fun group
. Susan has a lot of good, progressive info.

Susannah

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch
I live in NC but the thread title caught my eye.
My best friend is from Ocean Gate NJ.
I actually visited there with her when we were 16 (16 years ago...oy...), nice place!

Anyway, just had to pop in and say hi, small world.

Hi,

I am not familiar with Ocean Gate, however I am very familiar with NC. I went to East Carolina University from 1988 - 1992, in Greenville, NC. Also, lived in Wilmington, NC
from 1995 - 2001.

Where do you live in NC?

Susannah

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Oh gosh! Wow! Very small world indeed. I live in Durham, went to UNCG.
Ocean Gate is apparently in the same township as Tom's River, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Susannah,

I live in Manahawkin, so I am only about 15-20 from Toms River. Our first baby is due August 31st. My husband and I just moved back to NJ in June (I grew up here). I still have some friends in the area but only one with a child. The closest LLL for me is in Toms River but I haven't gone yet. I keep having something else scheduled for when the meetings are.

Melissa

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaGoat
Susannah,

I live in Manahawkin, so I am only about 15-20 from Toms River. Our first baby is due August 31st. My husband and I just moved back to NJ in June (I grew up here). I still have some friends in the area but only one with a child. The closest LLL for me is in Toms River but I haven't gone yet. I keep having something else scheduled for when the meetings are.

Melissa
Hi Melissa,

You will really enjoy the LLL TR meetings. You should really try to get there this month so you can get some useful tips on getting breastfeeding started successfully. Susan is a great leader. Congratulations on your baby comming!

Susannah

·
Registered
514 Posts
We live in East Brunswick, but my mom lives in Waretown and I take Joshua and visit her every other weekend - so we're very close by =) Are you around on weekends?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by girl138
We live in East Brunswick, but my mom lives in Waretown and I take Joshua and visit her every other weekend - so we're very close by =) Are you around on weekends?
Hi,

We are here on weekends. Let me know what you guys like to do and maybe we can get the little fellows together

Susannah

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Susannah,

I am planning on going to the Toms River LLL meeting tomorrow morning. I might see you there!

Melissa

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Susannah,

I am planning on going to the Toms River LLL meeting tomorrow morning. I might see you there!

Melissa
Great, you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm in Jackson, so I'm not too far away (I don't think...I know nothng about toms river)... I have a son born 5/18/05, so he's about the same age too...

We belong to the Holistic Moms Network of Ocean County, but we've never actually gone to a meeting... (I also joined the Monmouth county group too ... and the meetings are too close for me to go out both nights, and since I went to Monmouth first, I just kinda kept going to that one... I intend to make it to an Ocean event one of these days)... Just thought I'd throw that in in case you're interested... I thought it was a great way to meet people...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Quote:

Susannah,

Melissa
I just realized that I was sitting next to you yesterday

I hope you enjoyed the meeting -- it's very busy with little ones, as you found out

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by happy1nluv
I'm in Jackson, so I'm not too far away (I don't think...I know nothng about toms river)... I have a son born 5/18/05, so he's about the same age too...

We belong to the Holistic Moms Network of Ocean County, but we've never actually gone to a meeting... (I also joined the Monmouth county group too ... and the meetings are too close for me to go out both nights, and since I went to Monmouth first, I just kinda kept going to that one... I intend to make it to an Ocean event one of these days)... Just thought I'd throw that in in case you're interested... I thought it was a great way to meet people...

I'm in Jackson too. I never seem to make it to the Holistic Moms Meetings (Mon or Ocean)...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

I went to one Ocean Holistic Mom's meeting and was not impressed. There was the woman who ran it, a speaker with her child and her mom to watch the child, another woman who was a Shaklee Rep and me. Thats it. The speaker was trying to sell health and beauty products. So basically I was the only customer with these two people who were trying to sell stuff. Ew! No talk about mothering or anything just a sales pitch.
:
Hope the Monmouth one is larger and more fun.

Our babies are almost the same age. What do you guys do for fun?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hmmm... I know Carole (ocean leader) has been in touch with Deb (Monmouth leader) to do some joint event, since she's having a real hard time with membership...

At Monmouth, there are usually 4-8 of us at any gathering (we do meetings once a month, and a playdate at a misc park every week)... it's a good time. Our meeting is tonight actually, at Deans Foods in Shrewsbury... there's another mom from Jackson should be there too...

What do we do for fun? Good question... My saving grace is our weekly hmn park date. Other than that, we're pretty boring...we NEED to start going to more parks and do less shopping... but, I can never seem to drive much further than Jackson Jungle when its just the two of us... (and, since he's not a good walker yet, there's limited stuff he can do there cause its mulch and I dont like him crawling in it...) How bout you?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Quote:

Hmmm... I know Carole (ocean leader) has been in touch with Deb (Monmouth leader) to do some joint event, since she's having a real hard time with membership...

At Monmouth, there are usually 4-8 of us at any gathering (we do meetings once a month, and a playdate at a misc park every week)... it's a good time. Our meeting is tonight actually, at Deans Foods in Shrewsbury... there's another mom from Jackson should be there too...

What do we do for fun? Good question... My saving grace is our weekly hmn park date. Other than that, we're pretty boring...we NEED to start going to more parks and do less shopping... but, I can never seem to drive much further than Jackson Jungle when its just the two of us... (and, since he's not a good walker yet, there's limited stuff he can do there cause its mulch and I dont like him crawling in it...) How bout you?
We're big fans of the Jackson Jungle

Anyway, I contacted someone from the Ocean Cty group about a year ago. She sent me some flyers and that was about it. When I missed the meeting that month, (my husband had the chicken pox (!) and we thought my then 3-month-old might have come down with it too), I sent two emails asking if there were any other activities or just the monthly meeting. I never got a reply. Perhaps that's why they are having a membership issue?
:

We're happy to meet at a park!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

I would like to meet at the park as well. Let me know the next time you guys are going and we will come too. Ivan is not a walker either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts