Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spool of Treliske organic wool yarn, sport weight, that I have realized I will never use (I am way too slow at knitting.) It's too yummy to go to waste and I really need some cash. I will cut it into 50 gram sections (about 110yds, 1.8oz.) Undyed, $6 (maybe ppd if it doesn't cost too much) per 50gm. I have an indigo dye bath going right now, so if you would like any shade of blue, from sky to dark denim, $7.50 per 50gm, and you tell me what shade and I will custom dye it. I can also add the yarn slowly to the dye bath resulting in yarn that is light on one end and gets progressively darker towards the other. I have been knitting my ds longies from yarn I did this with for almost a year now. I'm not sure I'll finish them in time for him to wear them, but if I do, I'll post a pic. They're cute so far.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wool is organic merino wool from New Zealand, the softest in the world. It is untreated and undyed. It's color is naturally almost white, a light cream. Sport weight is lighter than worsted but heavier than baby weight yarn. I use a size 6 or 7 needle, I think. I'd have to check, but that sounds right. Actually, I use this pattern (I bought it, not the free one listed) http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...woolpants.html so I probably use a size 5 needle. I PM'd you, btw w/ this same info, so please let me know if you see this, otherwise I'll pm you again.
I only needed 1 ball of yarn plus a little bit of a second to knit the nb longies I made ds, but now that he's in a bigger size, it will probably take 3 at the most. But the yarn is ORGANIC, which is why it costs so much more. I'm selling for less than I paid, including my shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.