Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of something I love to do that would make a fun & relaxing way to meet people. Games! And Scrabble is a mainstream game that pretty much everyone knows. Might there be anyone interested in getting together for a Scrabble session? Maybe for 2 hours every other saturday afternoon (11-1pm?) and 2 hours every other tuesday early evening (4-6pm)?
With or without kids? Tea and snacks, or bring a lunch for your self or your kids?
Other games are also an option!

This is NOT intended to compete with the recent friends thread (I want to participate in that too!), I just want create another activity.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any games are good! We're big gamer geeks, used to play all the time pre-kids.
Any other time/day suggestions welcome. I can host small groups (our house isn't big), or we could meet somewhere like Panera Bread, etc.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, only board/card/miniature games. Though he gives away game systems as prizes at kids card game events. He's trying to buy the DS in bulk right now, oy.

If we had a few people we could rotate houses. I just spoke to another friend this morning who is going back to work next week (after her 6 month maternity leave is up), and she would like to get together too...she's free weekends, thursdays, or weekdays after 4pm. So lots of possibilities!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Every other Saturday could work for us -we would need to wrap up latest one p.m dd takes afternoon nap.I haven't played scrabble etc. in years -sounds fun..
I would be willing to host alternately-although I haven't met anyone off-line yet so I'd attend one at someone else's place first -We live in Ashland just outside Framingham Center..I could host small groups...

Also our home-condo- is currently pet free-I am allergic to cats..DD wants a dog eventually...

sounds fun!! Great idea veganf!!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also have an afternoon napper (well, most days, he's starting to not need them occasionally) who goes down around 12:30pm. So we can certainly work around naps.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by veganf View Post
I also have an afternoon napper (well, most days, he's starting to not need them occasionally) who goes down around 12:30pm. So we can certainly work around naps.
Yeah, 12:30 p.m is actually a better wrap up time for us -"don't want to miss the window"!!!
Also should I host I'd definately prefer the place vacated by 12:30 p.m ...

-Be

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd be interested too! We have Apples to Apples and Taboo - i love both of those games. We live near the nashua boarder (in Mass) and would be willing to host if people want to drive this far.

I just noticed the pet issue. We do have a cat =(

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, may I suggest we rotate, but start at my place since it's my silly idea, but always announce beforehand our pet/space/kid/nap status and people can decide what to do.
If it's just 4 mamas space probably won't be an issue wherever we are, but if many kids are coming then we'll have to have it somewhere that can handle it.

May I suggest Saturday, Dec. 20th? Or is that too close to now plus holiday craziness? 10am-noon? 3:30-5:30pm? Or Thursday the 18th, similar hours?
Or maybe the week between xmas & new years? Or Sat. Jan. 3rd?

ErinsJuneBug - I also love Apples to Apples.
Anybody like Settlers of Catan?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Well, may I suggest we rotate, but start at my place since it's my silly idea, but always announce beforehand our pet/space/kid/nap status and people can decide what to do.
If it's just 4 mamas space probably won't be an issue wherever we are, but if many kids are coming then we'll have to have it somewhere that can handle it.

May I suggest Saturday, Dec. 20th? Or is that too close to now plus holiday craziness? 10am-noon? 3:30-5:30pm? Or Thursday the 18th, similar hours?
Or maybe the week between xmas & new years? Or Sat. Jan. 3rd?

ErinsJuneBug - I also love Apples to Apples.
Anybody like Settlers of Catan?
Ok -so I could do Dec 20 will try to make arrangements sans dd that day hopeful but not certain...Prefer 10:00-12:00 time -dd is in school 18th.
Not [email protected] B/t xmas & New Years-would prefer 10:00-12:00 time when dd is off that week.Could do Sat. Jan 3.
Not a gamer-gamer here =read you all r likely to kick my butt but it's all good..
never heard of Apples to Apples tho I make like comparisons daily-ha!
Gonna have to get acquainted w/ "Settlers of Catan"
-Be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.