Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I always read threads about mama's with babies under or around one dropping their second nap, and I just can't imagine! DS is 10.5 months and still needs his three naps a day. On the weekends he occasionally only gets 2 naps, and he's awfully cranky. When I see that he's yawning or rubbing his eyes, I just let him nap....seems logical, right? But sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with him that he's still taking his three naps and other babies are down to one! Are there other mama's with almost toddler-aged babies that just like to get good sleep in? Reassure me!

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi my ds is going to be 2 next week and still takes two naps a day. he's always been a sleepy guy. at 4 mon i had to work really hard to keep him awake for any period of time. i was so busy worrying about him sleeping too much that i didn't enjoy the time it gave me to get things done
it sounds to me like your dc is just sleepy. maybe stay concious about how much iron he gets i think at 6 mon they need a little more iron than breastmilk provides and that could make him a little more sleepy

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I thought Asheby was trying to drop down to one nap, but it just wasn't working, so we're back to two!
Amethyst took two naps until 18 months.
Both of my kids love to sleep. TG

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
When I see that he's yawning or rubbing his eyes, I just let him nap....seems logical, right?
If you have a baby that follows your lead and all you have to do is "let him nap", then I say you don't have a problem, you've got a blessing! Cherish your sleepy baby - it's so much better than a baby who does not want to sleep and fights it with every ounce of energy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.