Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feeling movement yet? This is my second baby and I'm 19w2d, and I'm still not feeling anything. Every now and then I feel pressure as if it's shifting position, but no hiccups, kicks, etc. I KNOW with my first I felt it by now, but with this one...nothing! I'm almost a little worried, but still not at that point yet since I'm still growing. Anyone? Anyone?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I felt movement much later than I expected to - I thought I would feel it earlier than with DD. I'm getting some good kicks now, but still not as much as I did with DD. I'm at 21 weeks wednesday.

I do feel more when I'm laying down at night. Have you tried drinking something high sugar, like apple juice, then lying down and relaxing? With DD, they would give me apple juice before my non-stress tests and she'd do cartwheels.

Not saying it's necessary to feel the kicks, but it does make you feel that reassurance. I was getting really worried with this one, and sometimes worry still.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am in a similiar situation, so I totally understand. I will be 21 weeks Wednesday, and when I actually do feel movement (which is sporadic), it is very vague. My OB told me that it could be due to the fact that my uterus is tilted. Could that be a possibility for you as well?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I don't have a tilted uterus. And I don't know if my placenta is anterior or posterior (I don't get ultrasounds). I'm just kind of at a loss!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am still with ya too - I am a bit over 21 weeks and this is my 3rd and I feel almost nothing. I thought I felt some "rolling" on Saturday in the middle of the night... it is very vague. My placenta is anterior also so that is what i am blaming too. I just want to get through this part and start feeling the baby already!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi- I am 20 weeks on #3 and I am just feeling movement this week. I just think that everybody and every baby is different. I, too, was freaking out a little- especially from reading about how everyone here is feeling so much movement. I know you said that you don't do ultrasounds- do you do heart beat checks? That could be reassuring- I know it was for me at my last appt....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 20 weeks along now and this is my first. I keep reading in books and magazines that I should be feeling something by now and I am not feeling anything. Since some of you are experienced with this already, do you know if it is common not to feel the baby move at all at 20 weeks? Also, since this is my first, I don't really know what it is supposed to feel like. Any insight?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I am 21 weeks and I still am only feeling movement sporadically and definitely not as forcefully as I did with my 3 previous pgs at the same point. BUT, I am carrying a girl this time and my placenta is anterior so maybe that makes it different?
I know baby is doing fine, she just doesn't seem as "busy" as my other 3 were at this stage. Soon enough, I'm sure we'll all be talking about how our babies squirming is waking us up at night

oh, and i guessed my placenta was anterior before it was ever diagnosed b/c everytime we tried to listen to the heartbeat we always heard the placenta right in the front...and we had to move more off to one side to hear the baby's lovely swooshy little heartbeat

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm 20 weeks with #3 and just starting to feel movement. It has been freaking me out a little, too, because with my first I felt it earlier than this, and with #2 I started feeling movement at 11 weeks! So, this has felt like FOREVER to not feel consistent, strong movement. Finally 2 nights ago DH felt a kick (just happened to have his hand on my belly), and since then I've been feeling much more consistent movement. So, I guess baby just had a growth spurt or something???
I have wondered about the location of my placenta, too, but don't want to have a u/s unless we get towards the end and think the placenta is anterior. For me, this is an exercise in trusting my body, baby, and the universe...whatever's happening in there is supposed to be!!!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GidsGirl View Post
No, I don't have a tilted uterus. And I don't know if my placenta is anterior or posterior (I don't get ultrasounds). I'm just kind of at a loss!
Do you do HB checks? My MW knew it was anterior from that (and the u/s confirmed it).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts