Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been toying with the idea of eating only raw foods for quite some time. I have several health issues and I feel that I would benefit from this diet. How would I start? Are there any good books/resources you can suggest? What benefits did you see when you went from a typical diet to eating only raw foods?

Thanks for any encouragement you can give me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

congratulations! it's a very good decision :). I would advice:

1. concentrate on benefits not on what you are giving up

2. if it's hard for you then try at first just to eliminate meat and bread. Remember - meat is just rottening in our bodies and bread just stays in our body as garbage.

3. THE MOST IMPORTANT try not to mix food. I'm a mono raw foodist. I can tell you it's much easier just to eat two pounds of apple then trying to create something that would be similar to cooked food. There is a theory that each food has its own type of enzymes and it's better for digestion not to mix them. Why it's important? Because for me it turned out to be much easier :), believe me, there is no need to learn now to blend, dehydrate, mix and so on. Although if you want. go ahead :).

4. Well, probably THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT - depending on how toxicated your body is. you may feel WORSE at first, but remember that means your body is cleaning itself and after each such crisis you are closer to HEALTH. Don't do anything, just go through these phases!

Also take care of your teeth, raw foodists first year have problems with teeth, probably due to eating more acid and sugary food they didn't get used to (like fruit)

how to start? just start eating raw :) whatever you want, when you want and how much you want. It's easy! After a couple of weeks you will see that it's enough for you to eat several apples or bananas and you are full! that's actually more true for mono raw food diet.

I hope I helped you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello! I have been into raw food for about 3 years now, and I LOVE it! I am not personally 100% raw mostly due to time issues (I have an 8 month old)... and so I have bowl of brown rice or quinoa about ever 3 days or so.

I was vegan before going raw, and definitely think this is the easiest first step. It helps to ease into it...maybe start with 1 or 2 raw meals and raw snacks. For example...smoothie or juice in the morning for breakfast, big salad for lunch, fruit (dried or fresh) for snack.

After you get used to this, I think the transition into being fully raw is a lot easier.

Books I LOVE:

Rainbow Green, Live Food Cuisine by Dr. Gabriel Cousens

Conscious eating by Dr. Gabriel Cousens

Sunfood Diet by David Wolfe

I have felt so much better since I begun eating raw foods. Before changing my diet I was a junk food (albeit organic) vegan. I lost about 40 pounds in the first 6 months, have a ton of energy, and my skin looks amazing. I haven't been sick (cold, flu or otherwise) in 3 years. My body PH has leveled out. My mind is so much clearer and my hormones are much more balanced. Also, I have a beautiful, healthy, CHUBBY raw baby girl!!!

It is a lot of work, but totally worth it. Hope this helped!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.