Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to rub it in to those less fortunate, I have had my share of rotten pregnancies and don't get me wrong, I have my moments where I feel uncomfortable, give me a break I AM 36 ½ weeks pregnant. BUT for the most part, and especially in comparison to my first two pregnancies, I am still feeling GREAT! So, always being the optimist I wanted to start a thread!

I have only had one day of swelling, I am mostly sleeping at night still, in 2-4 hours chunks of deep sleep before needing to pee! I don't notice my Braxton hicks until evening time and I just started waddling yesterday for the first time! There are even times when I am working around the house and I stop and think, "wow, this is going so well, I nearly forgot I was pregnant!"

My dh is awesome and after dinner I get to go upstairs to shower and lay down and usually stay there until bed time, vegging out in front of the latest summer reality shows (brainless TV seems just up my ally theses days!) So maybe it's taking care of myself that has made things so much easier. But I am still very active during the day, lugging laundry to and from the basement, mopping floors, vacuuming and going swimming with the kids.

Though I have times I think the baby is going to fall right out because I feel so much pressure and general awkwardness, I am overall feeling pretty patient for this one. I know I am happier for being less whiney and my dh has thanked me several times for working so hard at being pleasant to live with!

Anyone else feeling pretty good considering?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I'm 34 weeks (and 1 day but who's counting?
) and I still feel pretty good overall. I'm def not yet to that stage where I feel so bad I WANT to go into labor so I'm guessing I still have a looooong way to go lol.

I went to the chiro on Tuesday and I'm going again tomorrow and that is helping A LOT. I'm still working out at Curves where I work.

I say all of this while knocking on wood because I really don't want to tempt fate...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am also 34 weeks, and feel pretty good. I have a few complaints fatigue and swelling, but nothing to make me say I am ready to have this baby out of me. The last couple of my friends who have had kids had really difficult pregnancies and I feel really lucky to have had so few symptoms. Here's to 6 more lucky weeks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'd say yes- just about 36 weeks here, and even though I'm cranky and can't fit into my car, I do keep telling myself it could be a whole lot worse! I'm still doing things, and still energized, and able to eat and all that happiness. Sleep has improved a TON since leaving my weirdola job. Baby's putting pressure on my entire pelvic floor, and doing something mysterious to my right hip, but it's all in good fun I'm sure.

Clara

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm 37 weeks and still feeling pretty good. Other than the puffy hands and feet and the arm falling asleep from time to time, i have no complaints. Sure I have less energy than i did before, but I can still shave my legs, sit on the floor, walk my mile a day, keep up with my house work (mostly) and still have time to visit with friends. I am feeling pretty proud given it's my first pregnancy!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Quote:
I'm 34 weeks (and 1 day but who's counting? ) and I still feel pretty good overall. I'm def not yet to that stage where I feel so bad I WANT to go into labor so I'm guessing I still have a looooong way to go lol.
:

I was just telling DH last night that 36-37 weeks is the threshhold for me, though. Something mentally clicks in that timeframe and all of a sudden I am just DONE. Not there yet. I think my organs need to be just a little more squished and displaced, etc.

He was a little scared, BTW, when I identified how I'm currently feeling as "generally okay," because in spite of that what I am still is generally GRUMPY - especially in the evenings when he is most exposed to me. He's trying to imagine my mood when I actually feel like crap.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm 37 wks today (
) and feeling pretty good. My last week of work was last week, and since I was sitting all day my ankles really swelled up. Now that I'm home and up and about I notice my toes/fingers are chubby looking, but my ankles are nowhere near the size they were last week! I'm feeling some pressure off and on on my cervix, but that really isn't a big deal. The day before yesterday she was facing the front, and kicking me where all my stretch marks were. Owww!! Thankfully yesterday she flipped, and that hasn't been an issue anymore. I'm kind of jealous of all the mamas who are feeling some contractions off and on. I feel so behind! I want my baby to just be here already, but I feel like there is no way she will be coming soon since I'm not uncomfortable yet. The grass is always greener...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I am also feeling pretty good lately. The main thing for me is that I've finally just started to relax this last month. The first two-thirds of the pg, I felt like I was always worried about something being wrong (maybe because it's my first and I tend to worry a lot anyway) and I almost felt depressed (which is really not me). Also everyone was telling me how small I looked and asking me if I was sure about my due date or looking at me like something was wrong.
: I started to believe them even though I have been measuring fine the whole pg!

Anyway, now I'm feeling good and big and slightly uncomfortable, but I'm loving it!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
While I do complain a LOT on here
...overall things are going pretty well...and like a pp said..I don't want to tempt fate here, but I do sleep like a baby every night, I am really not THAT big in general..and people are always telling me how great I look pregnant
. While I have gained 32 lbs...I really don't look like it most of the time and my belly is pretty cute sometimes
. I have no problems with consitpation or anything like that and my swelling is not THAT bad...usually..and it goes away by morning (only to build up again the next day..but STILL!).

I don't have a ton of energy, but I am doing all right...and it seems to be getting better...

baby has also turned to head down (several weeks ago) and is staying anterior most of the time (YEAH YEAH YEAH...still crossing my fingers that I get to exp. anterior baby labor this time....it would be a first for me!)...and it is already engaged and ready to go...which makes me feel happy for some strange reason..like it is really getting closer...slowly but surely.

thanks for making a happy thread
, I think we all needed it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I seem to feel better in the third trimester than before it. No more morning sickness, and the baby's big enough to stabilize my pelvis and hips from the inside, so my lower back isn't hurting any more. So I'm not desperate yet, but I've certainly been warming to the idea of labor and meeting this babe. I'm feeling so much more relaxed about things this time around. Last time I was a ball of stress at the end, and I think that maybe only delayed going into labor. This time I just have been feeling like things will go well. It's very nice to feel that way
oh- I'm just over 37wks.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I'm feeling pretty good too. I'm 35 weeks though, and I do hate being pregnant, but overall I'm physically fine. Especially considering this is my 3rd pregnancy in 3 yrs.
:

At my midwife appt yesterday I checked out so darn well, she was astounded. She said I looked happy too which was kind of shocking to me. I didn't realize it, but I am really. Life could be so much worse.

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Well, I posted in the depression thread earlier this week, but I must say, I am feeling so much better now! My baby boy has moved WAY down in the past two days, and I feel so much lighter and more energetic now. I'm able to breathe better, and, strangely enough, I look so much smaller all of a sudden! My clothes are fitting better and everything. So I'm a happy camper...for now. Let's see how I feel a couple weeks from now, though!

I'm 34 weeks and 1 day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hate to jinx myself but this has been a really easy pregnancy. I haven't really had any complaints. I'm just starting at 33 weeks to be a little uncomfortable sleeping but that's pretty much it. Last pregnancy was incredibly painful for 5 months so I'm really grateful to have an easier one this time.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I'm 37.5 weeks along and I feel fine - except for this horrible, rotten cold that I have
: but as far as pregnancy goes, I'm feeling great!

The Good:

I can still sleep through the night without having to get up and pee. I have no swelling. I'm managing to walk with dd quite a bit every other day or so (she walks with me now 'cause I sure can't sling her at this point!). Everyone is surprised when I tell them I could technically go any day now and the comment I get the most after I tell people that is "WOW - you look great!"

The Not-so-Good:

Nursing started being a bit painful again this week. I have terrible hemorrhoids, though they aren't really painful... just ginormous (about how big they were after I gave birth to dd, which kinda scares me...) and they make it pretty impossible to wipe my bum so I use my peri bottle and rinse off instead
I have twinges in my pelvis most of the time and my thighs are really tight usually. I need to stretch more...

This cold that I have is like the queen-mother-plague of all colds. Dd has it too and I think dh just started getting it
: Complete with headache, sore throat, earache, goopy eyes, and a cough that I don't think I'll be getting rid of anytime in the near (or not-so-near) future... thankfully I think the cold has just about run its course in me. Dh is *just* starting to get it though which makes me a little nervous 'cause I had it for about 2 weeks...
: That would put him getting better right at my due date and that's too close for comfort...

But for being this pregnant, I feel pretty darned good!

love and peace.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I posted on the depression thread earlier too, but I must say everyday is a completely different day!

37 weeks and a few days and I feel pretty good -- especially mentally now.

I really have the energy to start my own home improvement show -- I have a list of all the things I want done and I feel like I could do it all in one day.

But, I ACHE! There is so much pressure on my perineum. I am hypersensitive to loud noises, bright light, and OMG I can smell things so acutely that all I lack is x-ray vision and I will truly be a superwoman!

And I pee and poop every few hours.

These are all good signs, right?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm feeling really good now too. I'm 36 1/2 weeks and really have nothing to complain about except feeling a little tired throughout the day. Baby is in a good position so I can actually go for walks now and feel pretty comfortable. I'm sure that the chiropractor has really helped with eliminating aches and pains. I haven't gained any weight in almost 3 months which I would be concerned about except for the fact that my uterus is right on track and my midwife is not worried. I'm just able to eat healthily now that I feel so good so all the nutrition is going to the baby instead of my fat ass

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It's funny that this thread came up. I was just telling my SIL and Mom that I feel so good that it doesn't seem like I could have this baby any day now. I'm 38 wks tomorrow or 37 and 2 days depending on which date you go by. Some times I could forget that I'm pg. I'm not big at all considering I'm tall and carrying this baby up and down and not out front. I haven't had any swelling. I have been gassy a few times, but nothing like my last pg. I sleep good when I do sleep, but I am up late at night and early in the mornings. I also wake up every few hours to pee, but I fall back to sleep good. Most of the time I feel so good that it doesn't seem possible that I'm so close to my due date. My DD was even born at 36 wks so I've never been this pg in my life.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I definately feel fantastic!!! By this time in ds's pg, I was huge and in pain. I'm so small this time (I carry my girls small), that I'm not in any pain. (yes, I have the normal discomforts also, but nothing to write home about!) I only started feeling uncomfortable last week. I have 5 more weeks to go (maybe?)

·
Registered
766 Posts
38 weeks tomorrow and i feel great.
i had to slow it down a bit at around 35 weeks - like no more riding dd to preschool on the bike (i kind of miss the amazed stares...
) and i sometimes have to take breaks if i walk over a mile, but just yesterday i was playing on the monkey bars at the park and i'm still amazed to find myself kind of hopping up the steps (sometimes...).

[now if the relaxin surge would just stop opening my esphagus to the point where i literally feel like i'm digesting air and get even more gaggy and queasy...then i'd be just about set to go on for a few more weeks.]

·
Registered
296 Posts
What a good thread

I have a short list of minor complaints but really I'm doing well. Sleeping not bad, digesting not bad, and someone even gave me some maternity clothes yesterday that fit! (I am enormous!!). People keep asking me how I'm doing like they expect me to have problems. Why is that??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.