Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm crazy
. Ds is 4.5 months and I'm already excited about the next baby (not pregnant though
).

I'm not an organized super mom or anything...I've just developed a baby craze!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I was like that w/ #1. We wanted them 18 mos apart and that's when af showed so that's what they are. Baby #2 has been a handfull though and I can wait for #3.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I have had baby fever for about 11 months.

Angelo just turned 1 last weekend
:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yes. I need to slow down and enjoy this one. DS is almost 7mths. I'm already thinking of my birthing options, as I'm going to try a VBAC.

It's funny 'cause my af is still not here, and dh and I don't have time to make a baby......Which is fine 'cause we want them 2 1/2 yrs apart. I figured I need to get pregnant, next January... crazy huh..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh my gosh, I have been dreaming about my next baby since dd was around 3-4 months old. We want our children 3 years apart though. And I want to spend this time with dd too. But my whole experience was awesome and I just can't wait until next time...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh, yes! Absolutely!

Today I saw a two-week old (whose due date is tomorrow, so you can imagine how little he was), and I just lost it! Ds is 7 1/2 mths old now, and he just seems so big!! Well, actually, at 20+ lbs, he is kinda big....but he's still a baby, nonetheless.

For me, it's a little odd because it's pretty certain that dp will have number 2 (I'm already 39; she would like to live that experience, too, and we're not sure we want 3, so....). I can't wait to have another little one, but it feels strange that it won't be me going through the pregnancy and birth part. I keep thinking, "oh, but now that I know such and such, I would do it differently!" or "oh, it would be so much easier if I were to have a second!"

On the other hand, it's kind of a relief, too. I had a very bad fibroid situation that caused me a lot of pain;when I think of that, and also, of my dp pregnant, I'm genuinely in awe and excited!

When ds was about 4mths old, I saw an article in the paper about a 4-week old who needed foster care. I actually thought, "gee, could we swing that?" Crazy.

Babies: Can't live without them, can't live without them. Pass the beer nuts!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am looking fwd to another
but I also am savouring this time with Annie as our one & only
:

warning: about to hijack

Hi Jo

I had to chime in because I can really relate to your specific situation
I LOVED being pg with Annie & we had an AMAZING birth...I would do all that again in a heartbeat. Dw wants to have #2 and I really want her to have that experience & am really excited for her, but I do feel wistful about not getting to be pg again.

That said, we might even consider a #3, mostly 'cause I want another chance to be pg
But it will be quite a few years from now (like maybe 5...?). OTOH, I'm only 31 so I guess I'm lucky that I can think about another pg for me too.

We should try & visit with you guys at some point! Maybe you can come to Ottawa & go skating on the canal this winter!

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I'm from the other side where I really wanted #4 soon after #3 but...

#4 can wait...until I have baby fever in a few years! If baby fever never comes, then we're adopting!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yes. I'm not sure I will have a 3rd, I never planned on three. I completely have my hands full right now, and am totally frustrated half the time, and my #2 is just 3.5 months (so like, just sit tight and appreciate him right?). And yet I'm contemplating it already and wanting to. I used to think people who did this were CRAZY, and now I too, am CRAZY. I almost wonder if it's just not wanting the time to slip away or something, or if it's not fair to #2 to think about it. And now that I'm an archaic 33, I'm not so sure. BUT I WANT TO!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Oh yeah! I am on BC but I do secretly think it would be far from the worst thing in the world if it failed...though in *reality* this would be the WORST time for that to happen...DH is looking for work and I just started taking pre-nursing classes. But the more I think about it, the more I want the first 2 close...like about 2 years. I was one who always thought I'd wait about 3, but I know what you mean about wanting to 'do it RIGHT this time...'

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! Me!!!!

Dd is just about 4 months and dh and I have been talking about another baby for the last few weeks. I want another babe so bad but I also want to cherish dd's time as a little baby and don't want to miss her becoming a toddler because I am paying so much attention to a new babe. Dh says 'well ifwe're going to have 2, they should be close together so they will always play together, and I agree (kinda). I just want dd to understand what's happening when another baby shows up. I figure I'll really try for it once she hits 2

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The day after DS was born, DH and I were looking at him (we were all still at the hospital) and looked at each other and said, "When can we have another one?!" Nine months later we conceived my first post-partum cycle and are expecting #2 any time this month.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Honestly - nope. I love my son with all my heart but I don't see another one in the near future. Combination of a LOT of different factors. But everyone in my mainstream board pregnancy group is talking about their next one or has a valid reason for not wanting another (divorce, have two/three already). I'm the only "normal" one who doesn't want another one.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I always get baby fever once mine start crawling... I guess I 'm just a little sad that they're growing up. I figured I had to stop sometime, I have three that are all two yrs apart. I love being pregnant and having a new baby but I think three is my limit
I figure if I still have baby fever in 3-4 yrs I may reconsider my decision (and talk dh into it)

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was really craving another baby (still am but not as much, def get all sentimental when i see a newborn) but right my DS is so much fun that i am just trying to live in the moment.
but i did love being pregnant and giving birth part went really well although scared the second time will be tempting fate and i will have a v. hard time, who knows

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.