Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone want to just lay on the couch all day doing nothing? Or sit in front of the computer on MDC all day? Because that's all I want to do. I cannot believe how lazy I feel lately. I didn't even want to go to the beach today. The BEACH!! If you know me then you know this is a big deal. I love to go to the beach and lay around and swim and play and EAT! We go at least twice a week. Instead I just wanted to lay around at home and play on the computer.

Blah! I guess I'm just venting. It's hot and I'm feeling huge and I'm tired of lugging myself around sometimes! I've never complained so much about a pregnancy in my life! I've been complaining to anyone who will listen IRL, I hate that! (about myself)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Me too, Me too!!!! I fortunatly am not feeling that huge, but it is so pardon me damn hot here I just can't stand it. I just took a cold shower & by the time I got my clothes on I was dripping with sweat again.

I seriously need to clean my house. My home visit is in 3 weeks & I want to have everything cleaned & ready by then, but I don't know that it will happen if I don't get a magic burst of energy soon. Ha Ha, not likely right!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It's hot here too
I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon in front of the a/c!
:

Next time I am conceiving DURING the summer

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
YES!! Absolutely!

This is my first time being big and pg in the summer, and of course we're having record high temps
:
The AC unit DH bought doesn't work (and he doesn't seem to have the time and/or motivation to exchange it
), so it's getting slightly miserable here

I just feel so lazy, but if I'm up and about all day my ankles get really swollen (ick!) and then I really don't feel good!

I need some cooler days + a little motivation so I can get this poor house whipped back into shape!
: <-- (rain would be good
)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have to psych myself up to walk to the other end of the house, and we live in a tiny house, and it's to go to the bathroom! Part of this is because I don't really sleep all night, it's like 2 hours asleep, then hmm, well, I'm awake, I may as well go to the bathroom, then do something for a while, then go back to bed, then start the process all over again
I don't really mind, I've always been able to be real flexible with how and when I sleep, but it's just kind of different. I walked yesterday with DH, up the hill to the garden, then down the canyon (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile total?) and I was convinced by the end that this baby was going to just fall out! I'm not used to packing around this much weight!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Cara-I'm sleeping like that, too. It's getting to be really frustrating. I guess it's our bodies preparing us to being up all night with baby?

I am also feeling lazy and I'm feeling a need to stay in the house. This is not just heat related. I'm wondering if it's a form of nesting? I just don't want to go anywhere, even my favorite restaurants. If I do need to go somewhere, I wait for dh to get home so he can go with us, which usually is incredibly annoying for me.

And don't get me starting on cooking. Ugh. I have to force myself to get something on the table each night. Last night the girls had tuna salad and carrots, dh had a tomato sandwich and leftover pizza (b/c the girls ate most of his sandwich) and I had tomatoes, a peach and a bowl of cereal. It was basically a "fend for yourself" night. The thought of preparing a whole meal is almost overwhelming right now.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
I am also feeling lazy and I'm feeling a need to stay in the house. This is not just heat related. I'm wondering if it's a form of nesting? I just don't want to go anywhere, even my favorite restaurants. If I do need to go somewhere, I wait for dh to get home so he can go with us, which usually is incredibly annoying for me.

And don't get me starting on cooking. Ugh. I have to force myself to get something on the table each night. Last night the girls had tuna salad and carrots, dh had a tomato sandwich and leftover pizza (b/c the girls ate most of his sandwich) and I had tomatoes, a peach and a bowl of cereal. It was basically a "fend for yourself" night. The thought of preparing a whole meal is almost overwhelming right now.
Boy I could have just wrote that post myself too
I can't get myself to leave the house during the day. Not that I do anything while I am here, but I just don't want to leave.

And dinner...I don't think we have ever eaten take out so much. That is because of the heat mostly though. My a/c isn't working well, so even with it running all day along with 2 fans on high it is generally about 84 in here. I don't deal well with the heat to begin with & being preg just makes it worse. So even the thought of cooking on the stove is too much to bear.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
me, all I do is laundry and do the beds in the morning........more or less

I also dread leaving the house so I avoid that as much as possible. I'm too hot, but the general discomfort becomes too great after walking a while. No fun!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quote:
And don't get me starting on cooking. Ugh. I have to force myself to get something on the table each night.
: Not only do I now absolutly hate cooking, but it is amazing how p'd off it makes me. It's ridiculous. DD is easy, last night she ate a can of veggie chili
:. DH has been cooking us dinner a lot this week because I have been throwing such a fit about it
. Not to mention the fact that the only thing I have put away in the freezer is Chicken-n-dumplings. (guess what my first PP meal will be
). I understand not wanting to leave the house, I have this crazy thing at the end of pregnancy about the car. I become really aware of what a death trap they are and I don't want to be in one, ever, not to mention my baby DD, and the baby I am carrying, who happens to fit just behind the steering wheel...I'd be happy sitting at home on the couch under the ceiling fan all day

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! And I hear you guys about not wanting to cook. DH is so lost right now LOL. I need to find some quick to make recipes. Or get stuff for sandwiches. DH doesn't like to eat the same thing every night and always wants to make stuff that he doesn't know how to. It drives me crazy when he's in the kitchen. He never follows the direction right
and things are always a mess when he's done.

We did go to the beach today! I was so nice to float there in the cool water. We might go back again tomorrow
Although I still just want to lay in bed all day and watch tv. Too bad nothing good is on hehe!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsmama2

We did go to the beach today! I was so nice to float there in the cool water. We might go back again tomorrow
Although I still just want to lay in bed all day and watch tv. Too bad nothing good is on hehe!
I wish I had the energy to go to the beach. Seems like too much work. The cooler, life jackets, loading them in the car, the snacks to pack and the walk from the parking lot... made me exhausted before I even got out the sunblock bottle. Did I mention the heat?

We set up the pool under the slide of the swingset and played waterpark instead. The cool water helped the swelling in my ankles go down. Yeah for well water.
Of course, I did not go down the slide, just dangled my feet.

Glad to know I am not alone in the lazy dept.
V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts