Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was un-officially diagnosed this past week, and just wanted to see if anyone else here is experiencing the same thing.

I never thought I'd have to post on an infertility board, but here I am. I hope to make some great friends and I'm also hoping that I'll be able to move to the TTC board within the year!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not too familiar with Asherman's Syndrome but I thought you may need to go through some similar tests and procedures as I did for endo. Will you be having a lap? Did the doctor discuss the next step with you?

Just wanted to let you know I'm here if you need help or have any questions.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I can't offer any help, but wanted to welcome you to the board. This is an awesome place for support and shoulders to cry on.

Hoping you find your answers and "graduate" soon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies.
Asherman's is a scaring of the uterus, usually caused by an over aggressive D&C. I developed it because I had retained placenta with my DD and then a D&C 3 weeks pp to remove even more placenta.

I nursed my daugher until she was 2 1/2 so I figured that was why I wasn't getting AF back, but I weaned her in March and still just spotting. So, I knew something was wrong.

Jenny - I'm actually going for an HSG in a few weeks to see how severe the scaring in my uterus is and to see if it is blocking my tubes. Then they will perform a hysteroscopy to remove the scar tissue. I also have a fibroid which should also be removed during the hysteroscopy.

I can't wait to get to know you gals! Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
A friend of mine had two miscarriages before being diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome during a saline ultrasound. She had the scar tissue removed. After getting her cycle back on track, she conceived the very first cycle they were cleared to try again. She now has twin boys!

I had an HSG in March and it really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. The cramping was minimal, but the dripping and leakage afterward was a little gross.

Best of luck to you!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had AS prior to conceiving my DD because of a D&C. Mine wasn't severe, and DD was conceived only 1.5 months after removing the scar tissue.

There is an absolutely wonderful Yahoo Group for Asherman's Syndrome, and some very, very talented doctors that are pros at removing scar tissue.

Best to you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.