Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this experience? Or if not, how did they take the news?<br><br>
DDs go to Montessori, which always seemed to have an "out there, flower power" stigma to it. However, we live in a very expensive area and many parents who don't even know how to spell Montessori send there kids there because it's expensive and somehow prestigious for that reason alone. There are 5 Montessori schools within 10 minutes of me, so it has become almost faddish and it's not so "out there" anymore. The student body & parents are largely mainstream. We love love love the teachers and my girls really enjoy it there. Now I need an exemption and I don't know how it will go over...

·
Registered
855 Posts
I got an exemption in NJ with no trouble at all. I think it depends on the owner. The schools are required to keep paperwork on the children and that's all the NJ school cared about - that they had the exemption paperwork on file in case they got audited.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
My guess...the largest factor is how much they need enrollment. Unless someone at the school is a fanatical pro-vaxer, they aren't likely to want to lose nice paying students on abstract principle.<br><br>
All my private school experience is waldorf, which is mostly very tolerant of non vaxing and selective vaxing, although there may be exceptions at individual schools.<br><br>
Deborah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts