Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6 weeks and woke this morning to some spotting. I've been bleeding all day. No real cramps or any clots. I had my blood drawn and will go again in 3 days (no place to have it done in 2 because of Thanksgiving) and see what's happening with the HcG levels. I'm just holding out hope that this doesn't have to mean I'm miscarrying. Anyone have moderate blood in the 1st tri and make it through okay??

I may see if I can have an ultrasound too...we'll see what tomorrow brings.

:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi had a subchorionic hematoma in my first pregnancy. I started spotting at 5.5 weeks, went on bedrest for 3 weeks, and it resolved on it's own. In know SCH is fairly common, but all drs handle it differently. Hopefully it's nothing too serious

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When I was pregnant with my ds, I woke up and had blood trickling down my legs. I was seven weeks. Obviously, I freaked out and dh called the midwife. She told us that we probably lost him, and to come in at my next scheduled appointment. She didn't find the heartbeat, and sent me to have an US... and there he was, just a little peanut. Now he is 27 months old. Good luck to you, I'll be thinking of you!!

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
For weeks, and a few other bouts as well. I'm fine at 18 wks now.

Best wishes for you; I hope all is well. I know how painfully anxious a time it can be waiting. Hang in there (I suggest resting, distracting yourself with your favorite pass-the-time stuff, and comfort eating-- it worked really well for me, lol)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My friend bled heavily (bright red blood) at 7 weeks and was pretty sure she'd miscarried. It was probably due to stress/overexertion.

34 weeks later she birthed a healthy baby girl!

·
Registered
622 Posts
like kittycat9, I had a subchorionic hematoma in my first pregnancy. I spotted for like 3 days starting at about 9 weeks, and went in for an ultrasound, which was when the hematoma was discovered. It resolved on its own, and my son was born healthy and chubby at 41 weeks.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Melanie

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for sharing your stories.

I'm bleeding again today...moderate, bright red but no clots. Just hoping, hoping, hoping this baby makes it.

I'm going to an ultrasound in about 2 hours.
I want to comfort eat but I have lost all appetite worrying about this. I know worrying doesn't help but it's hard not to.

It helps to know that sometimes it works out the way we want it to.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I pretty much spotted until 10 to 11 weeks this time - no miscarriage.

With my son, I was BLEEDING (not spotting) and passing clots at 16-ish weeks - he's a healthy, happy, HERE, 4-yr old now.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, what a day!
My blood test came back. HcG is within the normal range (as of yesterday). My progesterone level was REALLY low though. I'm trying to figure out exactly what we can do about that and hoping it's not already too late. They can't get me the progesterone cream until Friday or Saturday. I'm taking Vit E every hour as that is supposed to help with progesterone. I have 4 natural progesterone pills to take until the cream comes- 2 for today and 2 for tomorrow. I will have another blood test tomorrow and hopefully my HcG will have doubled as it is supposed to.

I never made it to the ultrasound apt. After driving for 50 minutes, the directions they game were incomplete and when I called on the road for clarification they said there was no way I would make it before the office was closing...I guess I had the last apt. of the day and they were closing early for the holiday. I pretty much pulled over and broke down crying. My kids were in the car and I didn't want to frighten them but I just couldn't help it. I was so hoping for the opportunity to hear this baby's heart beat...just one time at the very least.

After all this, I picked up the turkey at the store and now I'm so tired. I'm just going to have to lay down...I'm just praying for my little one to come through this with me.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Ive been bleeding for 8 weeks already. Some old blood, some new blood. And this past weekend severe cramping with blood clots and lots of tissue....still bleeding but clots are gone! As of yesterday we still have a healthy baby in there with a great heartbeat and measuring ahead of where it should be! Never before have I bled and not lost the baby....I always though bleeding meant the end, but this little has taught me to have hope!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.