Mothering Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
Well, what a day!
My blood test came back. HcG is within the normal range (as of yesterday). My progesterone level was REALLY low though. I'm trying to figure out exactly what we can do about that and hoping it's not already too late. They can't get me the progesterone cream until Friday or Saturday. I'm taking Vit E every hour as that is supposed to help with progesterone. I have 4 natural progesterone pills to take until the cream comes- 2 for today and 2 for tomorrow. I will have another blood test tomorrow and hopefully my HcG will have doubled as it is supposed to.

I never made it to the ultrasound apt. After driving for 50 minutes, the directions they game were incomplete and when I called on the road for clarification they said there was no way I would make it before the office was closing...I guess I had the last apt. of the day and they were closing early for the holiday. I pretty much pulled over and broke down crying. My kids were in the car and I didn't want to frighten them but I just couldn't help it. I was so hoping for the opportunity to hear this baby's heart beat...just one time at the very least.

After all this, I picked up the turkey at the store and now I'm so tired. I'm just going to have to lay down...I'm just praying for my little one to come through this with me.
Oh, I am so hoping your little one will be okay!!!! So sorry you couldn't get the U/S.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
Well, what a day!
My blood test came back. HcG is within the normal range (as of yesterday). My progesterone level was REALLY low though. I'm trying to figure out exactly what we can do about that and hoping it's not already too late. They can't get me the progesterone cream until Friday or Saturday. I'm taking Vit E every hour as that is supposed to help with progesterone. I have 4 natural progesterone pills to take until the cream comes- 2 for today and 2 for tomorrow. I will have another blood test tomorrow and hopefully my HcG will have doubled as it is supposed to.

I never made it to the ultrasound apt. After driving for 50 minutes, the directions they game were incomplete and when I called on the road for clarification they said there was no way I would make it before the office was closing...I guess I had the last apt. of the day and they were closing early for the holiday. I pretty much pulled over and broke down crying. My kids were in the car and I didn't want to frighten them but I just couldn't help it. I was so hoping for the opportunity to hear this baby's heart beat...just one time at the very least.

After all this, I picked up the turkey at the store and now I'm so tired. I'm just going to have to lay down...I'm just praying for my little one to come through this with me.
I'm glad to hear your HCG is rising at it should and I hope you continue to get good news!!

I just have a quick question... why are they putting you on progesterone cream as opposed to suppositories or injections? From everything I have ever heard (including from my RE), it's just not as effective. You may want to ask about it.

I'll be thinking of you and your babe.

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry to say, I lost my baby on Thanksgiving day.

Thank you for all sharing all your stories. They helped to give me hope. It helped me get through a difficult time to know some women experience this and still have a healthy baby. Unfortunatley, this wasn't one of those times. I'd rather have hope right up until the end then feel despair the whole time.

I still have my ultrasound apt. scheduled on Monday. I'll go and see if anything is still in there or not (placenta, sac, pockets of blood, etc)

Enjoy your pregnancies and please don't let this scare you if you are still spotting.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.