Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work as a office manager in a super relaxed small business. I bring my 2 year old to work with me 2 days a week. While my boss is totally ok with her being here, I get next to nothing accomplished because she insists on sitting in my lap at my desk all day.

Anyone else bring their baby to work? Ideas of things to entertain her?

· Premium Member
7,713 Posts
I don't bring my children to work (and haven't) though some days I have worked from home. I would think it would be hard to do until they were old enough to read or something. You might want to check in with your boss if you arent' really getting much done. Your boss might not be as o.k. with it as you think??

· Registered
4 Posts
I also stay at home from time to time with the kid. 9 months old, so I get plenty of things done during his naps and I can catch up in the evening. But I'd say... I am at most half as productive as during days on which I bring him to day care.

· Registered
100 Posts
Hmmm, 2 is pretty little for entertaining herself for several hours, I would think. Honestly, I would probably resort to movies on a laptop, computer games, or a tablet. I bring my 8 year old to work often, I am a massage therapist, so while I'm with clients she hangs out in the office. She is able to read, do artwork, look through seek-and-find books, etc., and have limited screens. I really despise screens for such little ones, especially before age 5 or so, but if you have no other choices, I would think that'd be the most entertaining thing for your girl?

I agree with pp that your boss might not be as cool with it as they seem to be. My mother runs an office and told her office manager she could bring her child occasionally, but the employer took it a different way and is being too lax about it. Maybe check in again and make sure you're all still on the same page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.