Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little background. I'm 28 and have just finished 8 rounds of chemo for breast cancer. The chemo drugs were Adrymycin/ Cytoxsen and Taxol. Statistically I've been told that with chemo if you were under age 35 when you started chemo you have a higher chance of remaining fertile.. Right now I'm still in "chemo pause", so I'm not even sure if I'm in permanent menopause at this time.

I have a lot of time before I could even get my period back, if I do, but I was just hoping to hear of some inspiration stories.

Jess

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
First, congrats on finishing chemo. I wish you health and many blessings.

I wish I could be inspiration for you, but I haven't lived through what you have. I just wanted to offer a
and some support. Have you checked out IVF connections (if you can't find it online, let me knwo and I'll look it up) you may find a group there that has ttc after cancer. You may also want to post in health and wellness (or whatever that forum is!) here on MDC.
Much
to you on your journey.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks chiromama

I did look into IVF, before I started chemo. Even under these "special circumstances" of course it wasn't covered by insurance. And since I had little time to start the hormone injections, literally I'd have to start them in 3 days, I decided we couldn't do it at that time. From what I gather, and excuse me if I don't have the proper terms.. My eggs would've been harvested at an earlier phase, and frozen earlier, and in return lowering my chances of conceiving after.

I also looked into a procedure where my ovary would be removed and frozen and that to wasn't covered and it costed upwards to 20K.

But thanks again, I'll try posting in the Health forum..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts