Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to connect locally, as well as read this forum daily...
Please send me a p.m. if you are out there, out here, as we are.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 3-week old boy and we're just about to start ECing. I'd set a goal of working on it by the end of the first month, and so far we're just paying close attention and trying to recognize signals or patterns.

And so far we're not having much luck.

We have no idea when he's peeing, and he'll poop during a feeding, five minutes after a feeding, or in his sleep an hour later.

I guess what that means is we need to brave up and get him out of the cloth dipes and onto a simple prefold.

How're you doing? How old is your baby?

-- Andrea is north of SFe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alexander is 6 m.o. we started at 4.5 I was lazy and not too attentive during the first few months (and a bit lost with all the new reality!), but since 4.5 he is diaperless.
I just took off his diaper after fiddling with all sorts of tricks (timing; waiting it out etc) - and once I took it off, I had to deal with it for real - and after catching 4 pees I could tell what was going on!
Alexander's father learning after a single lesson, which is amazing, he is more attentive then I am, I guess.

We were missing poops until I started holding him over a potty every morning for the am pee - and then, bang! - he went. I missed it a few more times (slow learner I am) - but now I got it, 5.30a.m. - expect a poop! Sometimes he waits until 6 or 6.30 a.m. though.
He was never regular before now, and I attribute it exclusively to the magic of the pottying position: it helps with elimination like a charm and I wish I knew about it in the early months of gassy tummy aches -
We are challenged in the winter outfit department, I put lined warm pants on him and long-sleeved onesies that I don't snap, just tuck them in. I don't like letting him go outside, too cold for that.
We discovered that a used coffee cup works just fine in the car, and of course it can be some other container as well. I now use plastic milk bottle (the bottom part obviously) - since we don't use plastic for our boy and someone gave me a pack of bottles - so one lives in the car; the other one - in the bedroom - he refuses to go in the big potty or sink in the middle of the night, so I pee him in the cup by holding it near him and putting his penis in it - works like a charm and unlike the big potty, you can actually hear the pee and not be guessing if the deed took place -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.