Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has an autoimmune disorder and someone gave him this book. I started to read it and it's pretty interesting. I have some indications that I'm toxic (migraines, stomach upsets etc) when I used to be very healthy.

Just wanting to hear from those who follow this way of eating. As soon as my dad finishes the book I can borrow and finish reading it myself (too long of a wait at the library!).

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... well that's a good question! I've only read the first chapter (basically his story of being cured of Crohn's disease) but my mom has told me he advocates using goat's milk instead of cow's milk and sprouted grains instead of flours etc. OH- and I think Kosher meat too (which I've been wanting to do anyway since the whole commercial meat/slaughtering thing grosses me out immensely).

http://www.makersdiet.com/

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I do think it's a bit presumptous for a human to write a book and declare it's "The Maker's Diet" - but perhaps that's just me. I went to the website and clicked on his "before" picture, and I have definitely seen that exact picture before, and not in connection with this or any book, I'm pretty sure. I think it was in an advertisement for a nutritional supplement in one of those magazines they give away at the health food store. I'll have to look around for it.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queenie
I do think it's a bit presumptous for a human to write a book and declare it's "The Maker's Diet" - but perhaps that's just me. I went to the website and clicked on his "before" picture, and I have definitely seen that exact picture before, and not in connection with this or any book, I'm pretty sure. I think it was in an advertisement for a nutritional supplement in one of those magazines they give away at the health food store. I'll have to look around for it.
He sells nutritional supplements, that's probably where you've seen the pic

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
My sister has severe ulcerative colitis and did this a few months ago..She felt the best she ever has and lost tons of weight..She fell "off the wagon" when work got stressful but they're about to move and she's going to do it again..She really liked it!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't bother me that he calls it the Maker's Diet as it's based on Biblical information. But that's JMO.

I'm pretty interested in it but haven't been able to read the whole book yet as the library copy is stiiiilll checked out and my dad hasn't finished his copy.

baileyandmikey- I'm PM'd you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts