Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had vivid dreams about going into labor the last two or three nights in a row - anyone else? None of my dreams actually got to point of the baby's birth though, they were just about starting labor and dh & I getting ready for "it" to actually happen! (I've had a few really strong contractions per day since the weekend, and the baby has definitely dropped, but I don't know if any real action is imminent.)

I remember having one dream when I was pregnant with ds1 about him being born with a mouthful of sharp teeth like a kitten and I was crying in the dream because I was so scared to nurse him.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Yep, I've had a few actually. The most recent was the night before last...
I was at our old house and I went into labor. The placenta and cord came out first (I think that was because of a nervousness I have about the placenta coming naturally, last time the midwife had to reach up into my uterus and get the remnants of my torn placenta ::shudder:: I don't want a repeat! Anyway..), and I remember knowing that I had to get the baby out FAST.
I pushed really hard, even when I wasn't contracting and the baby came out breech.
I lifted him up and saw that he was a boy (I was a little disappointed, poor guy!), then called my Mom.
I was so proud of having a solo UC

Hopefully this will have no bearing in reality!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've had a few baby having dreams. The most vivid one was me at a public out door pool in the late afternoon sunshine. I was with my kids and we were swimming around when I got the urge to push. I gave birth to a sweet baby girl, I have the clearest picture of lifting her out of the water. We climbed out of the pool and walked over to our car..(it was red....we don't actually have a car, we are VW van folks) and I laid her on a towel on the roof to check her out. She had deep olive skin and dark curly hair and big green eyes like her daddy. She has been the same in all of my dreams, always a girl.....odd that I still don't feel sure we're having a girl.
I love these baby having dreams...except of course the I forgot my baby dreams...when your at a store or something and you realize you forgot your baby at home....I always have a few of those....nasty!!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
the only 3 dreams i've had about this baby have all involved me giving birth, and all three of them, my midwife was not in the room but elsewhere in the house. also, in the first dream, i woke up slightly ticked because i hadn't had a chance to check if babe was a boy or girl; in the second dream, i kept thinking of the first dream and made sure to check if babe was a boy or girl as soon as i could (boy); and the third dream babe was a girl. so i really have no clue what sex this babe is.
and all the labors were short and intense and i pushed baby out within minutes, not hours like last time. really hoping these are premonition type dreams...
:

~claudia

·
Registered
821 Posts
I keep having this vision of an UC all alone which is very strange. DH apparently gets called out of town and I don't think I'm in labor so I tell the midwife not to worry about coming over on the phone. I end up calling her saying "I just had a baby on my own, what do I do now?" It's very weird and surreal.

Deb

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Ive had a few dreams recently, one was being at my grandparents house and getting up to go to the bathroom, only I pushed out a baby instead. I walked out of the bathroom to call dh to get me a towel and my grandma freaked and tried to call 911 and I told her to calm down and just get me some towels, while she was doing that a second baby came out. 2 identical girls.
I had another dream of waking in the middle of the night to a bursting water and painlessly a baby shot out followed soon by another. 2 identical boys. I was so upset that dh and dd were asleep and misssed the birth.
Ive also had 2 dreams where a girl with blue eyes and some pretty severe birth defects is born too. The birth in both cases is easy, fast and pain-free.

I had a lot of weird birth dreams with dd too, including a dream where she was born with very sharp teeth and I was afriad too

The dreams never seemed to have anything to do with reality last time and Im wondering if this time will be the same.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VBMama
Andrea, two dreams about twins? Any chance of that being reality?

Ive actually had several more, just not involving the birth!
There is a chance, but I dont know how good of one... Probably not very
I think everyone probably wonders about twins at some point in their pregnancy.
But I havent had any ultrasounds, measurements or palpilations done so who knows?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I haven't had a dream about being in labour, I've had many where babys already here, but she's always either a boy, or twins
: Never just ONE GIRL! And I've seen the scans... She's a girl, and theres definatly only ONE of her!! She's been a bird twice too...
:

I've had ONE dream this whole time where I had her, ONE GIRL... I was sitting in bed and decided I needed to pee (Which as we all know, nothing out of the ordinary...!) and went into the bathroom and my water broke... Then there were these two hands coming out from under my T-shirt, and I reached down and picked her up... I was like "Baby?!?" she was still attatched to me with her umbillical cord (Or however you spell it...) and everything else was realistic... Just not the way she just slid out... No pusing, no pain - Nothing!! I remember I weighed her on baking scales (??!) and she was 9.9llbs - OUCH!! Theres no way she would have slid out being 9.9llbs... But I was pleased she was a girl, and there was only one, and it was her like it felt like I had actually met her cos when I woke up I REALLY missed her, so, ROLL ON SEPTEMBER!! I want my baby!!!
:

Gotta love dreams huh?!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ooo, I got one about labor last night
I was in bed sorta sleeping, sorta having contractions, then for some reason we needed to evacuate (I think there was a fire in the area?) and we were getting ready to leave. Then for a few minutes I just squatted and pushed out the baby, I reached down and pulled it up while DH watched. It was a boy. And somehow a kitten came out also that looked just like our cat, and I gave the kitten to the cat and she nursed him and I nursed our baby boy. He was all little, like 6ish pounds, I'm sorta expecting ours to be a little bigger than that.

That was kinda fun. I've drempt on other occasions about having babies in parking lots, and other random places, but never about the actual birth part. My babies have been sometimes boys sometimes girls. No mother's intuition at all on this one :p

Oo, my baby boy was intact in this dream
I think that's cool, because most of the babies (but not all) that I've been around have been circed. So apparently even my subconsious thinks that it's normal to not be circed!

Cara

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.