Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other than milk and cheese, there's just no way I can digest meat these days. I've never been a HUGE meat eater, but I do love chicken normally. And I've always incorporated lots of soy products into my home, but now that I'm pregnant? NO MEAT TASTES OR SETTLES WELL.

Anyone else just strictly craving veggie foods?

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Yes.

I was veggie for 15 years, and am a reluctant meat eater to be sure. But yeah, now that I am pregnant there is no WAY I can eat meat. The last meat I ate was some chicken breast when I was 5 weeks. Nothing since then.

I wish I could, but I most emphatically cannot.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I never ate much meat to start with, mainly because I don't know how to cook it. I usually only eat it when I go out so I save my meat eating for nice steak resturants
Right now I am craving a big steak (yum!) but nothing else meat wise sound appatizing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've definitely become a tofu-loving mama the past few weeks. I had tofu lo mein at PF Chang's for lunch today!
I've never been a big meat eater, either. Anybody seen Fast Food Nation? That's a whole other story, but anyway, yes, I do have a huge meat aversion so far this pregnancy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thismama View Post
So, how do you get your protein in? Right now I'm into eggs, cheese, and protein drinks.
any dairy (soy and cow) from milk, yogurt and cheese. And definitely tofu. I made faux-egg salad and it was GOOD!!
and I am loving the beans and cheese combo with rice (light on the beans). Beans, rice, and cheese burritos...YUM!

i have yet to get the protein shakes, but I love Spiruteen (sp?). What does everyone else use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.