Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so HOT all the time, my belly is huge, and I am just generally irritated and don't want to do much of anything. Is anyone with me? I have about 11 more weeks to go and I am about to start counting the days LOL ;) This is my 4th but I have never been in my third trimester in the summer so this is all new to me and it SUCKS :( There are so many things I want to do right now that my oldest is on summer break (she only gets 5 weeks because she goes year round) but it is so dang hot..... UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!

Amy

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hot, dizzy, nauseated, and uncomfortable with 13.5 w to go.

Annoyed, because it doesn't get hot here, so I told everyone being big in the summer wouldn't matter - I wanted to avoid being full term and clumsy on ice in the winter. However, I was wrong. Also, I discovered today that I can no linger bend over to pick stuff up. And I'm running into everything.

You are not alone.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I go back & forth. Many days I feel just fine but then other days I can't WAIT for this to be over! It's getting so hard to get through my workouts in particular - the big belly is getting more in the way. And I forgot how hard it gets to roll over in bed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm trying so hard to be positive, but I'm constantly sweating and running into things. My belly often hurts in one way or another, I can't bend down, and I'm so freaking tired. Also, in a rant that's related, but not the same as this one, I am tired of getting offers of help when I do anything at all. I can't believe I'm saying that, because it means people are very, very nice, but I want to carry my own bag, and I want to be able to move that box on my own, and I want to stand to present a training. They are trying to help, so it's less about the people, and more about wanting the ability to do my stuff myself, my way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup! I have been terrible this week! Having some terrible pelvic pain and just all around stress here at home. I want to just go lay in bed for a few weeks. There is so much that needs to be done and some of it I would even like to do but any walking around hurts so bad!!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Yes. Just plain yes. I hate that I feel this way, but it is what it is. With ds I totally didn't have any of this pain I do this time. Now I'm in pain all day and all night. I can't get comfortable and I'm completely miserable all the time. I'm counting down the weeks (11w 5 until I'm 38 weeks and would welcome this baby at any time).

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
puente - I TOTALLY understand. If one more persons tells me I shouldn't lift something (usually relatively light) I think I might throw them over my shoulder in a fireman's carry & then see how they feel about it. SOOOOO irritating!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
fortunately I don't have any pain and at this point i have been pg so much that I just know what to expect. I can squat to p-up stuff, etc. basically have just adapted. BUT I am sooooooo soooooo tired. I don't remember this exhaustion before. I think a lot of it is that I have 4 young children that I take care of on a daily basis, this is my 3rd pg in a yr so my body is exhausted, and being PAL I am emotionally drained which leads to exhaustion. Also it is HOT here!!!! Standing or going out in the heat makes me nausous, dizzy, etc. The first time I was pg in the summer I swore I would never do that again BUT this is my 4th pg that I have been pg in the summer NOT FUN!!! We are going on vacation tomorrow, we go every year and I was pg last year when we went and it is frustrating to have to deal with the heat and exhaustion all over again. I think if I knew I was going to get a live baby out of the deal I wouldn't be as jaded but right now I appreciate all the good stuff (kicking, hb's, etc) but am just uber resentful of the other stuff (like heat, exhaustion, stretch marks, etc).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
YES.

I am pretty distracted for this pregnancy so I'm not dwelling on it like I did the first time around, but YES.

The carpal tunnal has started with a vengence, the constant heartburn, the bladder kicks, plus some pretty major pelvic issues - grinding, pain, etc. It's getting hard to roll over in bed or walk up stairs. Carrying my 2 yo? Brutal. Having all kinds of wierd, sharp muscle pulls when I walk. And the heat hasn't even started here yet! And I'm only 25 weeks!

sigh. I am so glad to be pregnant, I am so glad to be pregnant, I am so glad...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

puente - I TOTALLY understand. If one more persons tells me I shouldn't lift something (usually relatively light) I think I might throw them over my shoulder in a fireman's carry & then see how they feel about it. SOOOOO irritating!
I'm with you. We're trying to move and people are appalled that I'm carrying stuff. I'm not lifting anything that is really heavy, I'm not overstraining, I feel fine. My mother is convinced I'm going to induce labor by hauling stuff. I'm hydrated, I'm rested, I'M FINE!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

I'm with you. We're trying to move and people are appalled that I'm carrying stuff. I'm not lifting anything that is really heavy, I'm not overstraining, I feel fine. My mother is convinced I'm going to induce labor by hauling stuff. I'm hydrated, I'm rested, I'M FINE!
Ditto, except it's my MIL, not my mom. Every single time I see MIL she's insisting that something I'm doing is going to cause me to go into labor. And then I have to listen to the story, for the millionth time, about how she was bringing firewood into the house when she was pregnant with dh and that's what caused her to go into labor (early). Blah blah blah. I just smile, nod, and continue on with what I was doing. I'm not going to stop living my life for the next 3 months just because of some fear. I am perfectly capable of carrying a watermelon in the house, watering my garden, moving a dining room chair, vacuuming, and a million other things she insists I shouldn't be doing.

I only see my mom a handful of times a year so she has no idea what I do on a daily basis
lol.gif
However, she had 7 babies and worked as a L&D nurse for many, many years so she is well aware that me doing everyday things is FINE.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sometimes it feels bad to complain because 1.As Katico said, I'm so glad to be pregnant and 2.I don't want my daughters thinking being pregnant is horrible. But I can complain here :) My sex drive is going down, the kicks can be annoying and sometimes painful, I'm tired of my cervix and ribs being abused by the baby, I know I need to use good posture but give me a break, let me slouch occasionally lol By 7pm or so I am feeling so weak and exhausted but I can't get comfortable. I had to ask my husband if it was like this with my last pregnancy and he said yes but it started earlier in the day. We've been having 90-100F weather for a month and it's humid.

Once thing that's gone on this time that I don't remember any other pregnancies is hitting my breasts on doorways. I'm very aware of my body and how much room I have to squeeze through spaces, or turn around and walk through a doorway. Well after my breasts got so big this time I hit them on stuff all the time.

My kids have gotten to where they pick up stuff that I drop, though I do get teased about not being able to see well under my belly("You didn't step on any of their kittens, did you, since you can't see down there at your feet?" Haha.) I can't see my pubes well enough to trim. I remembered the not being able to breathe so easily but this other stuff- I don't remember as being so awful. I guess that's why we keep having babies.

And I just now knocked a fan over on my daughter's foot because I was trying to walk around it, but as I can't see below my belly I miscalculated.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
yeah not quite 25 weeks here and totally feeling it more than I did before (this is #3). way more aches and pains, also just draggy and tired. getting heartburn (I think), maybe hemorrhoids (I've never had them so I am not sure but suddenly paranoid about some discomfort there), round ligament pain galore, and I think maybe sciatica. Seriously!?! Oh that is of course on top of what I am pretty sure is GD developing again (and can't eat simple carbs for the next 15 weeks so that sux combined with heartburn) and anemia and those awful calf cramps (kept at bay by magnesium and cal-mag supps, but I HATE taking all those pills). DH is in the city working and we're 6 hours away where-- thank goodness-- it is NOT hot and I have my parents for help. I am working a couple hours every morning and really SHOULD be working another 1-2 hours at night and I just can't do it, I am too tired! On the other hand, my sex drive is faring better than usual, but no opportunity to enjoy that...

anyway, trying to just be as comfortable as I can. At least my 2yo is STTN in her own bed (!) most of the time and I seem to be able to get fairly comfy on my own in bed so that is nice.

OKAY, I am going to eat a little and go do a prenatal yoga DVD, speaking of all these aches and pains...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Sorry you all are so miserable.

My pregnancies kind of dwell in opposite land. I am miserable for about the first 20 weeks, just puking and nauseous constantly and exhausted and depressed. Somewhere after about 20 weeks, I start feeling better and I seem to really hit my best stride right at about the third trimester. At 28 weeks (today) I'm feeling pretty good. I am pretty wiped out by about 7 every evening and my hips hurt a lot when I'm laying down and I have mild general pregnancy aches and pains, but overall, this is part of the pregnancy that agrees with me.

I saw my midwives on Wednesday and they were like, "You look SO good, what are you doing different?" Which just confirmed to me that I looked like utter hell every other time they've seen me. But a little sunshine and an end to the puking makes a world of difference in my appearance and my attitude.

·
Registered
33 Posts
M biggest complaint is the heat. When I was pregnant with my DS, the summer was not as hot here (southern Florida) as it is this year. That and the mosquitos and humidity, and I just cannot stand to be outside. Which really is unfortunate because I'm a nature girl, and DS ( three years old) loves and NEEDS to have outside play. It is miserable to even walk from the car to the house. We usually so everything right after breakfast or after dinner (although that is when the mosquitos prowl!).

I am having more aches this time around, and just plain tired. But I remind myself how lucky and happy I am to be pregnant.
joy.gif

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have my moments but so far I've been mostly OK with bouts of MISERABLE and not the other way around. Like a PP hinted to I really do think a lot of it is state of mind. I have four kids at home, two dogs, and co-own a small local business. Being miserable is expected but dwelling on every single negative thing about the pregnancy is not something I do because I feel very grateful to be pregnant and have a perfectly healthy baby.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm having a rough time emotionally, on and off anyway. I had a good cry on the phone with DH earlier, and I've been able to get a little work done since. My main issue is that I'm doing too much; too many plates spinning, not just too many hours. I have truly come to hate my graduate program. I have only 10 months to go, and I really like the professional role I'm preparing for, but the program itself has been a complete nightmare (e.g., they delayed my cohort by an entire year, I'll soon be switching to my 5th advisor because faculty keep leaving, and the program will close as soon as my group is finished). I have a couple of major academic hurdles to clear in the next 6 weeks. I have always been super successful with school (and I have 8 years of grad school under my belt, it really isn't like this should be harder than writing my dissertation while pregnant the first time), but I often feel totally incapable of making myself do this work right now. I truly want to walk away from it all, but I know I'll regret that. But any time that I'm supposed to be focusing on school or the things I need to do pop into my mind, I feel completely desperate and miserable. Sorry for the vent, but it is nice to have somewhere that I can.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I am glad to know I am not alone ;)

I don't want anyone to think I am not very happy to be pregnant, it's just that I need to vent somewhere KWIM?

It's hot again today and I have no ambition to do anything but sit here (and even that is not comfortable ;) ) Also in the last few days sleep has become terribly uncomfortable. My hips are starting to burn and my shoulders and arms are constantly getting numb if I sleep on one side too long. I am grateful that this has started so late this pregnancy though. Usually I am in much more pain than this and much earlier. 10 1/2 more weeks to go LOL ;)

Amy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh you are so not alone!!

And I think it's so important that we have a place like this where we can vent and not feel judged. As exciting and wonderful as pregnancy is- it is rough too!

On that note- here I go...

I AM SO HOT! Holy smokes people weren't kidding about being hot and miserable during pregnancy. It's 82 and muggy in the house, we broke down and got an AC unit for the bedroom, which is even hotter, but I want to get stuff done in the rest of the house!!

I am also huge. I knew this was inevitable with pregnancy, particularly when I found out about the twins, but it terrifies me that I regularly bump in to things, can barely pick things up and bending over is torture- and I have a few months left! I look full term now (and many people have kindly reinforced that theory), and shudder to think of what is to come.

In other news, I am so, so, so tired. I was walking miles on the beach a day for work, but I just can't do it. I am exhausted and though I can push myself to make it down a beach, by the time I make it back to the truck I feel like poop. I have never experienced this kind of fatigue and I hate it as a normally energetic and active person.

Oh yeah- and I'm SOOOO HUNGRY! If I don't eat regularly, the nausea comes back. Unfortunately, I can't fit much in my belly in one sitting so I more or less have to constantly eat.

So there you have it- in a nutshell- I am miserable because I am hot, huge, exhausted, and hungry. I have a new grumpy beast that comes out that is scaarrry.

phew!

I'm going to finish eating something, cool off in the AC, and then add to the positive thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.